Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

ZR1....

Old 08-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CG,Aug 22 2008, 08:29 AM
Already sold? Made a little on it?
No, I took back my deposit when I got the cold feet.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dombey,Aug 22 2008, 11:15 AM
So I'd say the ZR1 is way faster given it's level of practicality.
Well no, its about just as fast but much more practical
Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Aug 22 2008, 06:09 AM
considering the ACR beat the GTR by a few seconds and the ZR1 only beats the GTR by a few seconds, I'd say it would be a great race between the two of them
I say the ACR will curb stomp the ZR1 in anything but highway roll. I really wish dodge would take it to the ring and embarrass a certain upcoming Nissan victory specification car.

Apples and oranges though as mentioned. Zr1 is amazing because it is as fast as it is while being even MORE civil then the z06! The ACR is simply what the hardcore driving enthusiasts have been want. While the ACR may not make that great of a daily driver, I'd like to see anyone daily drive either of these high hp 100 thousand dollar sports cars. I think the ACR is fine with the company of similarly breed vehicles elise/exige, s2kCR gt3's for week end back road bombers and track day warrior fans. practicality type concerns distract you from driving, handle that business during the week, weekends are for fun!

I'll be interesting to see the few modified ZR1's run around the tracks. R-compounds, basic boltons and see how much power those superchargers can make. Should be scary fast!!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM

^ I'm no corvette fan (I very much dislike them actually), but i'll be the first to admit the ZR1 is ALREADY scary fast. They have a test video of it topping 200mph. I give it a lot of respect.

I'd still rather have a GT-R though .
Old 08-23-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge Viper ACR.............the car is just awesome, ZR1 ehhhhhhhhh Its just a blown Vette,
Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickbw,Aug 22 2008, 09:50 PM
I say the ACR will curb stomp the ZR1 in anything but highway roll. I really wish dodge would take it to the ring and embarrass a certain upcoming Nissan victory specification car.

Apples and oranges though as mentioned. Zr1 is amazing because it is as fast as it is while being even MORE civil then the z06! The ACR is simply what the hardcore driving enthusiasts have been want. While the ACR may not make that great of a daily driver, I'd like to see anyone daily drive either of these high hp 100 thousand dollar sports cars. I think the ACR is fine with the company of similarly breed vehicles elise/exige, s2kCR gt3's for week end back road bombers and track day warrior fans. practicality type concerns distract you from driving, handle that business during the week, weekends are for fun!

I'll be interesting to see the few modified ZR1's run around the tracks. R-compounds, basic boltons and see how much power those superchargers can make. Should be scary fast!!
The ACR wont do well on a high speed course like the ring, the downforce it generates will give it a severe handicap against the ZR1. Take both to a slower tight course and the ACR would probably outrun the ZR1.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Aug 23 2008, 09:30 AM
The ACR wont do well on a high speed course like the ring, the downforce it generates will give it a severe handicap against the ZR1. Take both to a slower tight course and the ACR would probably outrun the ZR1.
Except for that long straight away at the end, and perhaps the downhill section twords the beginning I dont think it's an issue. The viper will carry MUCH more speed through every other area, every little highspeed kink where the ZR1 may have to lift abit the Viper will be glued. Viper, thanks to the r-compounds and aerodynamics will brake much later, enter corners at much higher speeds and get on the throttle quicker. I dont see the ZR1 making up for all that ground lost simply on the highspeed sections that it is free to open up and stay at WOT and use it's one advantage over the ACR.

Look at the radical SR8 for example, 6:55 at the nurburgring and it has a topspeed of 170mph
Old 08-23-2008, 01:24 PM

I just wonder what the ZR1 would do with R compounds. Also wonder what the Z06 would do with R compounds and a flying start since it's 7.42.9 was done on runflats and from a standing start.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A beautiful Corvette!

Tan
Old 08-24-2008, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by nickbw,Aug 22 2008, 09:50 PM

Unrelated but if its not raining I have a boss that drives a ford GT to work everyday.

I'm amazed.