Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Z3 Owners in Denial

Old 06-08-2002, 06:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve c
[B]Odd I have always felt my M coupe is much better looking than my S2000. The Honda is okay -- but .... well it looks like what it is, an economy car company's attempt at a sports car.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An economy car company's attempt at a sports car???? Is this guy a joke? The type-r and the NSX are also just "attempts" too right? And hondas formula 1 domination of the early 90s until the RPM limitations were changed BECAUSE of honda was also just a measly attempt at racing. I have nothing against the M series, I love the M series, but isn't it just a cushy LUXURY car company's attempt at a sports car? Perhaps the S is just too raw for you, it is rather unforgiving for the weaker driver....but when in the proper hands will turn faster laps than the M series, lets not forget the car and driver shootout between boxster, M, and s2000.....i forget who won, does anyone remember? Oh wait....i remember now.....the little economy honda won
Old 06-08-2002, 10:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xpander4
[B]An economy car company's attempt at a sports car????
Old 06-08-2002, 11:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve C., I can't help but ask, how do you like your M Coupe? Do you have the M52 or M54 motor?
M52
Old 06-08-2002, 02:20 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Originally posted by steve c

Those who feel they must insult and hate one car (read some of the posts above) in order to like or love another are not car enthusiasts. For those people whatever car they currently drive will always be the superlative form of automotive engineering and everything else must be shit. What a sad way to be.
Don't be so quick to judge. Car enthusiasts are don't roll over and say because it's a BMW its great. Car enthusiasts are the ones who speak up. They are the ones who say Porsche is nuts to ruin its great name and reputation for building an SUV. They are the ones who say they either love that design or hate that design (which is the case for me with the car in question). And as a car enthusiast, I personally have no trouble viewing my own car objectively. I don't think the S2000 is the greatest design Honda could have made. I would love to see a few changes to the body style -- however, I do feel its a design that will stand the test of time with its simple basic approach. In other words it will not be dated quickly because it was not over styled.

I can't stand the Bemmer coupe, so I've never tested one but I have done a little sprint with one after last year's Indy GP and had no difficulty staying with him until I tired of that game and left him in the dust. It may be an ok car but certainly not for me.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:00 PM

[B]

My attempt was not to knock the S2000. I have enjoyed owning mine for the past year or so
Old 06-08-2002, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of curiousity if you feel that strongly about it why did YOU buy one. It sounds to me like, you don't like it all, seeing as though its a economy car?
My earlier posts pretty much covers my issues with the car -- why I purchased one? Convertible, cheap, more horsepower than a miata, high resale (at the time anyway). I like the car well enough (an economy car it's not) but not well enough to consider keeping it much past this summer.

I feel kinda insulted that you've discribed the S that way. I'm glad I don't own a BMW, I've checked out some of those boards and they have a real look down attitude about most other cars and there drivers, and I see that here.
?? Confused. Do you mean you do or don't notice the Honda snobbery on this board (and in this thread)?

Don't be so quick to judge. Car enthusiasts are don't roll over and say because it's a BMW its great.
That's a direction I never took. My belief is that car enthusiasts don't feel the need to insult or dislike one car or maker in order to like or love another.

I can't stand the Bemmer coupe, so I've never tested one but I have done a little sprint with one after last year's Indy GP and had no difficulty staying with him until I tired of that game and left him in the dust. It may be an ok car but certainly not for me.
Must not have been an M, maybe a Z3 coupe? (perhaps odd but I find the non M Z3 coupes ugly -- even though to many people they look like the same car). Anyhow 10+ runs from a stop with S2000's (on 2 occassions with members of this board) All of which ended with the S 2-5 cars back by 100-110.....the M is the faster car hands down....and to think the new M coupes have 75 more horsepower....
Old 06-08-2002, 03:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been a BMW customer in the past but the biggest reason I bought an S2000 rather than a M roadster is the look. I hate the retro styling and welcome the change.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:42 PM

[B]

?? Confused. Do you mean you do or don't notice the Honda snobbery on this board (and in this thread)?

Well I guess you showed me, who would have though most people here would like honda more. Its not like this is a "honda S2000" board or anything.
If you like your BMW better thats fine with me but please don't come in here and talk bad about our car. Your only going to tick people off and insult the rest.
I'm glad you like your car, so please do us all a favor and sell your s2k(you don't want it anyway its a Honda) and spend your time at the bmw boards you'll fit right in(snobbery wise)

Have fun with your bimmer

-DK
Old 06-08-2002, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]Odd I have always felt my M coupe is much better looking than my S2000. The Honda is okay -- but .... well it looks like what it is, an economy car company's attempt at a sports car.

Quick Reply: Z3 Owners in Denial