Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

your dream racecar for the street use.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP has made some crazy threads... but I'll bite.

Pagani Zonda Type R

Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kwhitepanama,Jun 10 2010, 08:46 AM
beat this
ok

Old 06-10-2010, 05:31 PM

My old man used to tell me keep your street cars on the street and your race cars on the race track.

Really a lot of race cars would be beyond horrible on the road. I mean we have the little things like harder to get in and out of, noisier, etc. Let's ignore the things like lack of proper lighting, we can drive during the day. However, curbs will be an issue. Lot's of amateur formula car drivers swap their track wheels for old motorcycle wheels. Kind of makes it look like the cars are old wagons or something.

So now that you got your self strapped into your race car... well assuming you can. In many formula cars you literally can not strap yourself in since you don't have room to do the belts. You need to start the car. Your pit crew followed you to Walmart right?

Let's not forget that those ultra grippy tires and brakes require some heat before they work. So if you think you can putz around then pull a 2G corner you are in for a rude surprise.

Now for those serious about going fast about the most cost effective way to do it is a used Indy Lites or Infinity Pro series cars. These are the ones that are a step below Indy and more or less the equivalent of an F3000 car. They will run about 190mph around Indy. They also are well beyond the safe skills of just about anyone on this forum... just as Jason Priestley. Most of us here would be just fine with a Formula Ford (or Formula F with a Honda motor).

One other note: One of the long time SCCA racers (7 national titles over 30+ years) mentioned that the second best handling car he ever drove (including a GTP car at Daytona) was a Citation-Zink Z-16. The best was his current Formula Continental. That might sway me in favor of a Z-16 since I want this for fun more than anything else.
http://www.ricracing.com/IMG_9292a.jpg
http://www.thekentlives.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM

I'll play. While the 962 is extremely tempting, I am going to go with something a little different

Jaguar XJR-14.

Pretty much an F1 car with a closed cockpit. As a matter of fact, this car, along with the Peugeot 905 were so quick that they would be running mid-pack in the F1 races of the time.

Not too shabby for cars engineered for 24 hour races.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you guys have been on s2ki you know the OP is from panama and English isn't his first language, and he tries his best to write properly and legibly. He seems to be a good guy that means no harm to anyone, and truly loves this community. A lot of you guys bash him because his English isn't on point. But what do you expect from someone who isn't fluent in the language? Do you all react like this when someone doesn't speak proper English in public? s2ki is probably the only time and place that he has to type English, and might be the only time he is exposed to it. I don't know this guy personally so don't think the OP and myself are all buddy buddies, I'm just defending the guy because some people act like because this is s2ki(international) if someone isn't properly typing or speaking proper English they are wrong and should be reprimanded.

/rant

any variation of the 599 preferably the XX or GTO, a caparo T1, or a race spec LF-A
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrwilliams,Jun 10 2010, 07:06 PM
if you guys have been on s2ki you know the OP is from panama and English isn't his first language, and he tries his best to write properly and legibly. He seems to be a good guy that means no harm to no one, and truly loves this community. A lot of you guys bash him because his English isn't on point. But what do you expect from someone who isn't fluent in the language? Do you all react like this when someone doesn't speak proper English in public? s2ki is probably the only time and place that he has to type English, and might be the only time he is exposed to it. I don't know this guy personally so don't think the OP and myself are all buddy buddies, I'm just defending the guy because some people act like because this is s2ki(international) if someone isn't proper typing or speaking proper English they are wrong and should be reprimanded.

/rant

any variation of the 599 preferably the XX or GTO, a caparo T1, or a race spec LF-A
For standing up for the guy and explaining the situation
Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rockville,Jun 10 2010, 05:31 PM
My old man used to tell me keep your street cars on the street and your race cars on the race track.

Really a lot of race cars would be beyond horrible on the road. I mean we have the little things like harder to get in and out of, noisier, etc. Let's ignore the things like lack of proper lighting, we can drive during the day. However, curbs will be an issue. Lot's of amateur formula car drivers swap their track wheels for old motorcycle wheels. Kind of makes it look like the cars are old wagons or something.

So now that you got your self strapped into your race car... well assuming you can. In many formula cars you literally can not strap yourself in since you don't have room to do the belts. You need to start the car. Your pit crew followed you to Walmart right?

Let's not forget that those ultra grippy tires and brakes require some heat before they work. So if you think you can putz around then pull a 2G corner you are in for a rude surprise.

Now for those serious about going fast about the most cost effective way to do it is a used Indy Lites or Infinity Pro series cars. These are the ones that are a step below Indy and more or less the equivalent of an F3000 car. They will run about 190mph around Indy. They also are well beyond the safe skills of just about anyone on this forum... just as Jason Priestley. Most of us here would be just fine with a Formula Ford (or Formula F with a Honda motor).

One other note: One of the long time SCCA racers (7 national titles over 30+ years) mentioned that the second best handling car he ever drove (including a GTP car at Daytona) was a Citation-Zink Z-16. The best was his current Formula Continental. That might sway me in favor of a Z-16 since I want this for fun more than anything else.
http://www.ricracing.com/IMG_9292a.jpg
http://www.thekentlives.com/
In my dream, my car is already started with monaco setup. All I have to do is keep the tires and brakes warm...
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave87,Jun 10 2010, 01:13 PM

Porsche 962/end thread.
You can get a Dauer street version.

I think that any of the homologation special Group C-esque cars would be the obvious choice. They are racecars that they stuffed some streetable parts into.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 AM

The question was a fantasy car type thing, obviously, so wtf with the "keep it to the track" BS?

I second the Lancia Stratos. A set of snow tires and I'm going sledding during every blizzard.

I'd be really partial to a Porsche 911 variant, but I think anyone who knows me would tell you I'd rock an ACR Viper all winter with snow tires given the chance. I hear they're hot inside, which would make it the perfect winter car
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This

this

or this

Quick Reply: your dream racecar for the street use.