Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

are you guys stunting?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER,Jul 11 2006, 02:00 AM
Nice bike freq. Looks like your running late for work j/k. Hey kadeshpa relax will ya, what are you getting all emotional about anyway? Im pretty sure your bike's front tire came off the ground an inch or so in the past. Was is it a crime? We're just having a little fun here. Whats a "stuntaz" anyway?
As I wrote, I get pissed off because what used to be a fun ride through mountain roads has now turned into constant harassment by the cops. The reason? Squids, that feel the need to impress bystanders with their stunts. Cops used to leave bikers alone, now with all of these high profile accidents and ridiculously dangerous stunts on public roadways, cops have been directed to crackdown on motorcyclists...especially sport bikers.

I purchased my bike for its intended purpose of track racing, spirited canyon carving and general riding.

To have a thread that promotes stunting on public roads as cool is absurd. Just like those that get blasted on street encounters for racing on local streets at triple digit speeds.

I have no personal beef with you, I just hate the trend of current sport bike riding influenced by the Ruff Ridaz.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by jah,Jul 10 2006, 07:30 PM
i wonder if you people actually read what you type? is a sportbike any different than a motard when it comes to play?

a squid is a person shorts, t-shirt and sandles on a sportbike. i personally wear full gear all the tme, maybe you do too.

i keep the bike up, glad to work on it, had more to do when i was racing, but i thing you would consider that bad too. i guess its not just an icon in the garage that i wash and wax.
There sure is a diff between motard and sportbikes when it comes to stunting. Take a look for yourself.

A squid is a person as you described, AS WELL as nards that show off by needlessly revving the engine, doing ANYTHING you see on Ruff Ridaz or rap videos, and just generaly riding like an idiot.

I'm glad your ride isn't a garage queen, neither is mine. However, I responsibly drive my bike to keep myself safe as well as those I share the (public) roads with.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
jah

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jul 11 2006, 06:52 AM
There sure is a diff between motard and sportbikes when it comes to stunting. Take a look for yourself.

A squid is a person as you described, AS WELL as nards that show off by needlessly revving the engine, doing ANYTHING you see on Ruff Ridaz or rap videos, and just generaly riding like an idiot.

I'm glad your ride isn't a garage queen, neither is mine. However, I responsibly drive my bike to keep myself safe as well as those I share the (public) roads with.
the race thingy, it took to much money, with a race every 2-3weeks i had no life.

the canyon thingy; the people who lived in the canyons would get up in revolt and make the cops give us general hassle.

so now just go to an unused parking lot in a way far off industrial area and stunt. there are only a few geeks there and not necessary to know their names. we all wear the gear, total fight club, just have an 80% time of it. this kinda so matches the recessionary times we are in now and is functional.

Peace ok?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

peace. I'm out.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jul 11 2006, 06:45 AM
As I wrote, I get pissed off because what used to be a fun ride through mountain roads has now turned into constant harassment by the cops. The reason? Squids, that feel the need to impress bystanders with their stunts. Cops used to leave bikers alone, now with all of these high profile accidents and ridiculously dangerous stunts on public roadways, cops have been directed to crackdown on motorcyclists...especially sport bikers.
The insurance companies are basing their rates due to accidents in general. Some states have more accidents than others. The majority of cops are pissed off at bikers that speed. Which are most likely sport bikes. Also, some sport bikers like to get chased *another reason why cops are . What usually happens is when you ride with the wrong crowd, you tend to do as they do. Stunting should take place in huge parking lots or areas that are deserted. A wheelie/endo here and there by someone that has experience doesnt affect insurance. Trust me, im a cop <-- j/k but very close friend of mine is
Old 07-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER,Jul 11 2006, 01:13 PM
Stunting should take place in huge parking lots or areas that are deserted. A wheelie/endo here and there by someone that has experience doesnt affect insurance.
OK. I agree with your points.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by jah,Jul 11 2006, 10:30 AM
Peace ok?
No harm no foul.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stunting (meaning more than a well-controlled wheelie away from traffic) on public streets is asinine IMO, though I enjoy watching others trash their bikes in parking lots.

Freestyle MX is way more impressive that watching some dipshit loser stand on his dented tank while coasting @ 30 mph.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S,Jul 11 2006, 12:07 PM
Freestyle MX is way more impressive that watching some dipshit loser stand on his dented tank while coasting @ 30 mph.
a lot of those are the same guys by the way...so i don't know how you can make character judgements based on the type of 'trick'
Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Jul 11 2006, 02:20 PM
a lot of those are the same guys by the way...so i don't know how you can make character judgements based on the type of 'trick'
Gimme names of a lot of those guys! LOL Most of them don't seem to have a lot of interest in street bikes. I've been there, done that, and after getting into dirt biking was the beginning to the end of my street riding days. Way more fun!

Quick Reply: are you guys stunting?