Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

You gotta see this. these idiots just dont get it. LOL!

Old 02-06-2002, 03:42 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading this very insightful thread, I am immediately trading in my S2000 for a Grand AM! YAHOOO!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]After reading this very insightful thread, I am immediately trading in my S2000 for a Grand AM!
Old 02-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like those GM folks are waking up. . .

Old 02-06-2002, 04:28 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a job that required a great deal of travel and for years I rented two or three cars every week. I probably rented more Grand Ams than anything else. While it wasn't my favorite car to rent I never had one let me down and if it had the 6cyl it ran fairly well. I probably put 130,000 miles on various Grand Ams. It's not a bad car if it's the kind of car you need or like. I'd rent one again!

I really wanted a Grand Am but somehow I ended up with this damned S2000 that doesn't even have a back seat, rides rough, likes to rev to high RPM's, and turns corners so friggin fast that it makes my neck sore. The guys that bought the Grand Ams are the smart ones. They don't have to worry about the rag top, small trunk, no back seat, or rear wheel drive, and crazy corner speeds. I salute them.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not know that there was a Pontiac Grand AM Club. Is there a Gremlin Pacer club, Pinto too? My friend got his Grand Am keyed (lower body panels) in a parking lot from bumper to bumper but he did not noticed it untill it was waxed a year later and he originally thought it was part of the design..potato chip ridges for the lower body panels how clever.

Tan
Old 02-06-2002, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, that is hillarious. they said we have to drive our car like we hate it. is it just me or when just crusin around the city do you guys also keep it between 2500 and 4000 rpm?
Old 02-07-2002, 01:44 AM

Pretty sad GA board.

Do you suppose there are also Chevy boards for the Beretta, Corsica, Lumina, Spectrum, Sprint, and other unforgettable (?) models?
Old 02-07-2002, 03:05 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by airgate
This is my reason for living. I have found my true calling in life. My existance.

I am so inspired by this post that I will not only sell my S2000 today but cancel my order for the M3 and get SEVEN Grand Am's, one of each day of the week.

Thank you airgate for making me see the light!!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 04:35 AM

Where is the Chevy Cavalier board (or is it bored?)?????

To each his own I guess. Why anyone would ever buy one of these cars is beyond me. They are junk. I posted about my rental experience in a different thread. The other thing with them is, you buy one for like $15k, the next year it depreciates by half to $7,500. Great way to flush your money down the toilet.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:29 AM

(Torque x RPM) / 5252 = Horsepower

Torque, does not by itself determine how much power your car has, nor does high torque throw you back in your seat, by itself. Torque applied over time equals Horsepower. You will not find a high torque / low horsepower car that throws you back in your seat. You can find a low torque high horsepower car that throws you back into your seat, but you must be at a high RPM. The combination of Torque, RPM, and time are what make a car produce high or low horsepower. Technically, having a higher peak torque number doesn't gaurantee that you get off the line quicker either...unless both cars launch at the same RPM. These are all misconceptions of what torque is/does.

Quick Reply: You gotta see this. these idiots just dont get it. LOL!