Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

WRX or S2000?

Old 03-19-2003, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX or S2000?

Well, this is such a hard decision for me!

I know I may bet biased opinions, or get flamed somehow.. O.o
But oh well, here it goes.

I like the S2000 more, quite a bit more. It is such a thrill to drive, even just cruising at the limit, or UNDER the speed limit, top down, snappy gear box, 9k redline, and farley rare, reliable, and I need not continue.

A car that you can keep no matter how old i get, a car that will keep it's great style as it ages, like a fine wine.

How ever, it very well could be my only car. I could use my dads accord or the TL-S if he gets it..But it would not be available to me all the time. I am 18 and I do drive frineds around, and go have fun quite often.

Keep in mind I am not the typical 18 year old, I do not want to rice up the car, probably would leave it stock other then rims/tires. And I am farly responsible, and whatever car I get, it will be taken care of VERY well. I would like to keep this car for a long time, and I feel the wrx is a car I would not want to keep for more then 5 years, it will be out dated...

So my point is, the WRX would be a lot more practicle, still fast and can be very very easily modified. I know you older people are going to say if I want a fast car off the line the S2000 is not for me and so on.

I will be honest, I am going to race, flame on if you will. But yeah, If I have the S2000, I will rarly EVER race from a stop, to much abuse on the car droping the clutch at 7k, but I will race from a roll. In the wrx, I would race mostly from stops.

Well bottom line, I like the s2k more, it is an all around better car. I do like the WRX as well, and it is more practicle.

Ok sorry if this was a bunch of mumble jumble, is was a bunch of random thoughts all thrown together.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:25 PM

WRX.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:30 PM

Explination?
Old 03-19-2003, 07:34 PM

Get the WRX if practicality is your cup of tea. It goes fairly well and has room for passengers and luggage. The S is a fun car, not all fun things are practical. But the S does keep a ) from ear to ear!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:41 PM

see, i dont know if practicality is what i want. And yes, I had the biggest ear to ear grin on my face on all three occasions driving the S. Driving the WRX, i was just like, eh this is not bad.

I like them both! It's basically practicality and decenty vs the better more fun car that i can keep for ever.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:45 PM

Consider this: You don't take your S2000 grocery shopping, gift shopping, etc., because you'll end up buying according to how much will fit in your trunk, not to what your budget will allow.

You won't find "practical" in the S2000's job description. It's fine for me, but I am a young college student so my priorities may be a bit different.

Again, if you need practicality that bad, get the Scooby.

But then again, I too am an 18-year-old. I go out with friends a lot and sometimes, the 2-passenger seating capacity can be a bit frustrating, but only in that I have to ride as passenger in someone else's car - we always have transportation, but because I'm a hardcore car guy, I like to drive myself.

Moreover, in College Station/Bryan the roads suck big hairy donkey balls. We have potholes the size of bathtubs, and thus I find myself driving my car less than I'd like. If this is the case for you (the horrible road conditions), the WRX would again have the advantage.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:01 PM

Depends. Are you going to get a new S2000? If so, you can wait and go all out an an STi, or you can save yourself (or Dad's?) some money and get the S2000 (S2200, S3000?? I donno ) when you are older. You're young, you have a lot of time left in front of ya.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:06 PM

Well it would be my money, not my dads. And Can't afford the STI. The S2k might even have to be used..Infact, it probably would be.

Roads are just fine here. Nice summer days, even in the winter we have some really nice days. Nice top down driving conditions.

I don't think I need to worry about shopping much, and I'd love driving it SO much that I might even WANT to go back and make a second trip.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:07 PM

i would definitely get the s2000. i was the same age when i was thinking on what car to get. i do not regret it one bit. 3 of my friends hove WRXs and i have driven them. they are great cars but not as enjoyable to drive like the S. once you drive the s2000 with the top down with a starry night you will realize you made the perfect decision and the fact of how beautiful it performs and the amazing crisp shifts helps to get the S2000

MAtt
Old 03-19-2003, 08:09 PM

That is how I think of it 01spas2k, The wrx is a great car, but the s2k is just that much more great. Only chance I got to drive it with the top down was on a nice hot summer day and loved it. So, are you saying night is better?

By the way, car will be paid off in full.

EDIT : YOU HAVE THE LICENT PLATE I WANTED!! YOUR THE ONE! YOU BASTARD! haha, joke, nice choice. Didnt ever think I'd find the guy who had it though. (REV 9K)

Quick Reply: WRX or S2000?