Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Women and cars

Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On two separate occasions, different females tried to gain access to the rear seats in my Integra by opening the front door and sliding the front seat all the way forward.

My Integra had four doors.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:30 PM

I've also had a girl ask me if the S2000 had back seats.

While sitting in the S2000.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven
my woman tracks her car...

and she has tracked mine.

One requirement of mine of the women I date is that they know how to drive a manual gearbox.
This is funny. I see no significance of this limited skill set. Be it an interesting requirement of yours.

My Fiance can visually ID cars, has good tastes but is not mechanically inclined. She has no interest in over spending on cars, likes buying 2-3 year old luxury cars and can feel power. On our first date she commented on the power delivery, first time in a tubro'd car. She is thrilled every date night we take the S2000 out. While on a road trip and making time around 120 asked if the car had anything more in it or I was holding back. She's a smart one and generally enjoys the cars we own. She cannot drive stick, nor take a line to save her life and her driving makes me uncomfortable. She herself has told me she prefers when I drive and feels very safe with me driving our family around.

Until she was told to, she thought all you did was add gas to the car. So I do the servicing on our cars and take care of the needs beyond her keeping it gassed up. I now understand why we have a range of warning lights, service indicators and 'features' I don't really need. When someone drops 20-50K why shouldn't the car tell them it's time to change the oil and fix things?

To her credit she had a wheel bearing go and the shop she took it to tried to tell her is was around a grand to fix. She came home and told me they were trying to tell her not to leave because it was unsafe. I told her that was too much, she went off and found a place to do it for around $300 - which she thought was fair.

In a funny moment she got to drive my well modified Legacy GT for a day, all of 2 miles to her job while I drove another car. When she came home she gave me the keys and told me that was too much car for a woman. I laughed. Apparently, while very smooth, it easily did double the speed limit, as she drove it as she would her sedan and nearly peed herself when the radar detector went off. She's never asked to drive the car again.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM

I bought one of my s2000's when i was with my ex. When I took her on a test drive she was highly disappointed because she thought a 10,000$ car would be more smooth. Apparently she likes the ford focus and Honda accord. Than she complained about the seats being to low, and it was ridiculous to fall into the car. I bought it anyways. When I was with my ex I would always offer to take my s2000 out when we would go on dates and whatnot. She begin hating the s2000 because I would drive very slow over high speed bumps and avoided steep driveways so I didn't scrape the bumper. She started calling my car a "girly" car that could not get over speed bumps. Than she saw a mustang drive by with a very loud exhaust and said "that's a man's car!". Soon I decided to get an STI. The STI had an atmospheric BOV installed on it. When I took her on a test drive she asked, "Why does your brakes do that, sounds ridiculous". A month after we broke up.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
I know most guys think it's neat when a girl is really into cars but I'm so glad my wife doesn't care about cars. We do everything together, so this gives me my own hobby. I love spending time with her, but some things have to stay sacred.

Also, every girl I have ever met or dated who is "really into cars" feels the need to talk about cars and, like most car enthusiasts, they're clueless yet filled with opinions.

Seriously, every girl I've ever met who was into cars had to wear it on their shoulder like, "Hey, me too, guys." It's like that annoying girl in highschool who made out with a girl. I get it. Guys like that about you. Can you stop mentioning it ALWAYS?
I tend to find this too. I frankly don't find it all that attractive if a woman is into cars. I mean beyond liking nice things, remember stats or being able to work on a car is about as interesting to me as someone who can remember their sports teams historical performance and the standings if they don't win this weekends game. It has no connection to my life.

I've dated a lot of women and the least interesting to me tried to be into 'guy stuff' needless to say the future mrs. rob-2 has no desire but to be a passenger or hand me a cold beer while I'm working on the car. That's 'guy time' and women are to remain quiet and ask questions afterwards.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM

I'm gay and don't really have any female friends or interest (sans a few Lesbians). I find I rarely share anything in common for the most part (as this thread reminds us) and I don't want to f@#k.. So it's easy to understand why I have maybe 15? Female names/numbers in my phone.

However, the gay world is exactly the same. You're about as likey to find gay car/airplane/gun enthusiasts as you do with women - which is to say rare. Moreover when I do meet other gay "car guys" it's more about the image ($$$) associated with the car than it's actual purpose. That's how companies can sell "Gucci Fiat 500s."

I got lucky and ended up with a Lotus driving F15/F16 pilot who will (has) effortlessly done 12+ hour trips in my radio less, HVACless Datsun (for a big car meet). Couldn't ask for me and wouldn't expect the same from the "fairer sex."
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my girlfriend and I started dating, I tried to salvage her crap box '04 Hyundai Accent as much as possible with simple stuff that had been neglected; brake pad/rotor swap, spark plug change, convincing her to get new tires (the old ones had visible cracks in them!), trying to fix some of her electrical gremlins.

She thought it was great I could do all that, but what astounded her the most was when I restored her headlights with some plastic polish and 1000 grit sandpaper. They were so faded she was having trouble seeing at night and she had no idea restoring them was possible, thought she was going to have to buy new headlights all together. "It's like witchcraft! I can't believe you can do that!"

Luckily since then, she's upgraded to a 2013 Civic.

And although she's generally pretty clueless about cars, she can out-weld, out-fab, and out-engineer me any day. She works at a fabrication shop here in Vegas and is about to finish her Masters in Sculpture, so it's a nice compromise.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by baZurk
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1383682634' post='22863099
Hahaha. Jesus.

You beat me to it
The car needs a good dosh of lotion.

There you go, nice car. There you go.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

We try and avoid blatant sexism on s2ki.