Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Will Toyota take over the auto world?

Old 12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Will Toyota take over the auto world?

The question about Korean cars got me to thinking also the thread about the Lexus GX.

Toyota is on a roll. They sell Hybrids (the next big thing), trucks, cars, SUVs, cheap and expensive cars and SUVs[QUOTE]Toyota said it expects to sell 7.22 million vehicles for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005.

Toyota said its market share in the United States reached 12.1 percent, a record high for the automaker. The Prius hybrid, Lexus RX330 luxury car and Scion models that target younger buyers were strong sellers in the U.S. market, according to Toyota.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you even have to ask? Toyota has already declared it will be #1 in no time. With the quality cars it is selling and will be selling, it will get there in no time. Regardless, its over all sales are #2 right now, but its profits is more than GM, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler combined. That tells me it is coming at full force at taking over the automotive world.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:09 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Also (I think) Toyota has been concentrating on the US market with it's SUVs and Trucks, if it turns it's attention to Europe with Deisels and Hybrids they will take off (you can see by the above quotes Prius sales in Europe are just a drop in the bucket).

I guess Europe may be a more closed market, but if they build factories over there like they do in the US it should be a big growth potential for them.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:49 PM

Unless GM comes up with a miracle. Toyota is destind to be #1 in annual sales, and definetly be the most profitable on a yearly basis. It might not become the largest. GM has too many divisions, and many other businesses(GMAC, Delphi etc etc), but with its huge discounts its not making a significant profit per vehicle. Add to that the union labor, and the cost of pension plans, and GM's profitability is definetly in question.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it will if it keeps doing what it is doing right now.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:46 PM

they are very successful in reliability. (especially the Toyota engine)
and it is true that many people in Asia now talks about how HONDA cars are going very crazy on lightening the weight (in advantage of better, higher performance), which we don't like it..because it also means the metal body is thinner....which affects the hand touch feeling
**you can just open and close the door, and you can tell Toyota has a stronger feeling, and security (mentally)..
so by just hand touch, buyers feel confident about the products already.

the biggest market is the family and business usage
IN ASIA now,

in small car division, the best seller is Toyota Corolla

in business van, the best seller is Toyota Hiace

in middle car division, the best seller is Toyota Camry

in large car division, the best seller is Lexus brand (LX, GS) **nothing from Japan, only Eurpoean can compare with them, the Nissan Inifinity class is a disaster here! and Honda/Acura Legend is a joke...

in luxury van division, the best seller is Toyota (Previa, Alphard) **nothing from Honda in this division

in sportscar, HONDA is the winner in technology including the sportsbike business, however HONDA is not the best seller.
the best seller should be Mitsubishi Evo/ Subaru WRX STi, because they are very cheap and very fast

**I personally have a Toyota Hiace van that has travelled more than 400,000 km
without any major cost in maintainence.!!!
very hard to beat this record
Old 12-19-2004, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by rai,Dec 19 2004, 06:09 PM
Also (I think) Toyota has been concentrating on the US market with it's SUVs and Trucks, if it turns it's attention to Europe with Deisels and Hybrids they will take off (you can see by the above quotes Prius sales in Europe are just a drop in the bucket).

I guess Europe may be a more closed market, but if they build factories over there like they do in the US it should be a big growth potential for them.
the Hybrid products from Toyota are really picking up now!
Toyota has the Prius Hybrid
Toyota has Previa/Estima Hybrid
Toyota has Alphard Hybrid (coming soon)
Toyota will be making a Hybrid sportscar in the near future.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:05 AM

Toyota:
Old 12-20-2004, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota has positioned themselves well.

However, they need more *soul* in their line-up and an all-star sports car for the real world.

I know they are developing a "super car", and that is a good start, however, I would like to see something that the rest of us can afford.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Banned

At the rate they are going, they can take over the auto world with just boring cars. No need for exciting cars. No others could say or do the same.

Quick Reply: Will Toyota take over the auto world?