Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why so many teens have $$$ cars?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw it. I had a nice car when I was 16. I loved it and I plan on passing on the joy to my kids when they are 16 with nice cars for them.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, plenty of "kids" love and appreciate their car, but the problem though, is a lot of these kids simply dont appreciate what they have. they abuse them, drive wrecklessly, brag about them, crash em, and mommy and daddy buy them a new one. i guess since im not rich, i cant comprehend a bottomless pocketbook. i do however understand the value of a dollar; something a number of people dont.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:40 PM

I'm going to spoil my kids and get them nice cars. Ofcourse, mine has to be nicer and being Asian that I am, they better get into that med/law/engineering school
Probably more safer sedans, rather than a sports car, like bmw coupe/sedan (not the M series)
That's if I ever get married and have kids...
Old 01-21-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im 18 with a S but I sure as hell dont beat, rag, mistreat my car in ANY way. I began working at 14 at my dads shop so I bought my first car (91 accord lx coupe) with my own money. I do everything wiht my own money which includes rent, tuition, etc etc. I work 30 hrs a week along with full time school. I dont see why I shouldnt get a chance to own a nice car such as the S if I worked hard for it. I still drive the Accord everyday since its my daily commuting car. I dont see why theres such a hatred towards young kids and having nice cars?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Hello...Buhler.... You guys are missing the point

Forgive me for yelling, but in my original post, I'm saying that it *seems* that more kids now have nice cars because we all read about them on these internet boards. When we older folks were growing up, we didn't have these boards for comparison.

I think that ya'll just read the title of the thread and assumed it was a standard "I'm crying because I didn't have a nice car when I was a teenager" topic. I'm saying that I think almost as many kids had nice cars back in the day, its just that we didn't get to read about them here on these boards. (And no, I didn't have a nice car back then)

-Andrew
Old 01-21-2004, 09:49 PM

yah, when I have kids i'm gonna give them a gun so they can rob or car jack someone else's car since I can't afford a decent car for them.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jonesy
Well, if you won't slam them, I will.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:52 AM

Where I use to work I go to a somewhat upscale high school. They drove nice car here some what a list I saw.

SLK 32 AMG
G35 Coupe
BMW E46 M3
Fully Built Supra TT
S4

Argh I need to get new parents or at least one who want to buy me a car.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drew2002

Hello...Buhler.... You guys are missing the point

Forgive me for yelling, but in my original post, I'm saying that it *seems* that more kids now have nice cars because we all read about them on these internet boards.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To answer your question....because the world, especially the United States, gets more and more ed up each year in regards to values, ethics, and morals. These days the "earning it" idea is a primitive thought from the past. You just bitch long enough to the one with the money and you get what you want.

Quick Reply: Why so many teens have $$$ cars?