Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why is the new CTR so slow?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Civic Type R just won a hat trick of awards from BBC Top Gear:
TopGear hattrick for Swindon-built Honda Civic Type R | Swindon Advertiser
  • Hot hatch of the year
  • International editors' car of the year
  • Car of the year
The following users liked this post:
JonBoy (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by iforyou
The Civic Type R just won a hat trick of awards from BBC Top Gear:
TopGear hattrick for Swindon-built Honda Civic Type R Swindon Advertiser
  • Hot hatch of the year
  • International editors' car of the year
  • Car of the year
Wow, very impressive!

The reviews of this car seem to be highly positive. I wish they would release a version that is toned down styling-wise (like the old STi Limited which didn't have the big wing), then I'd be really interested.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow! Based on the plethora of accolades, it's obviously an amazing car. Gonna own one eventually for sure.

And I agree, while lots of bizarre owners on the Type R forums complain about not having blind spot monitoring, softer seats, etc. (What's the point of owning a Type R... They're supposed to be raw!), I want a more stripped down model. Heck, I'd be happy with no GPS/infotainment nonsense, no rev matching, no 20" wheels and potentially even no drive modes (Leave it locked in "R" mode.).

PS - As long as a car is relatively quick, straight line speed means almost nothing to me... especially from a launch. Blah.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

Yep. I really want a stripper model to play around with.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

I sat in one at the car show the other day, those seats are indeed awesome when the car generally fits me nice. The looks are starting to tone down in my eyes, and all the reviews are making me want to try one out. I just wish they made a 2 or 3 door, but the same could be said about the RS and R.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Wow! Based on the plethora of accolades, it's obviously an amazing car. Gonna own one eventually for sure.

And I agree, while lots of bizarre owners on the Type R forums complain about not having blind spot monitoring, softer seats, etc. (What's the point of owning a Type R... They're supposed to be raw!), I want a more stripped down model. Heck, I'd be happy with no GPS/infotainment nonsense, no rev matching, no 20" wheels and potentially even no drive modes (Leave it locked in "R" mode.).

PS - As long as a car is relatively quick, straight line speed means almost nothing to me... especially from a launch. Blah.
you hit the nail on the head. All cars can't be all things to all people at all times. Next thing, the same people will complain it doesn't come with an automatic transmission. I hope Honda does not listen to them- the problem is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I'm happy those owners are complaining- they might just hate the car enough to sell theirs to me! Remember what happened with the first s2000 owners- "man are the seats narrow!" "it has no power." "there's no real cup holder."
Bunch of whiners.
The car is supposed to be that way- suck it up.

darcy
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 216 Likes on 171 Posts

Owning one of the CTR I can say some people just don't get it. It's an amazing car but I still enjoy driving the S2K more. Even my 06 AP2 is so much more a drivers car with nannies it has. The CTR has so many more nannies. One thing they don't understand it's designed to be a track car. The I want it now generation needs to get it. But they don't.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
you hit the nail on the head. All cars can't be all things to all people at all times. Next thing, the same people will complain it doesn't come with an automatic transmission. I hope Honda does not listen to them- the problem is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I'm happy those owners are complaining- they might just hate the car enough to sell theirs to me! Remember what happened with the first s2000 owners- "man are the seats narrow!" "it has no power." "there's no real cup holder."
Bunch of whiners.
The car is supposed to be that way- suck it up.

darcy
Yep!

Here's the thread: One thing you wished your CTR had/didnt have? | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

Owners wanting sunroofs, more sensors, softer seats, etc. shouldn't even be owners, haha. They must not appreciate the "Type R" heritage. I love the car, but it already has too much electronic nonsense.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup. I think a lot of people were expecting all the honda sensing bs because Honda claimed it as a "touring" model which usually includes all the gadgets and stuff.
Not to mention, everywhere else in the world has them except for the US.

I personally don't care for them. I think the car is perfectly fine. I have no need for all the other fancy gadgets.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:38 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Car and Driver 10 Best just came out and the Civic hatch/Si/Type R won, as well as the new Accord (no surprise):
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-today-feature

Quick Reply: Why is the new CTR so slow?