Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why is the new CTR so slow?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

I saw my first CTR in black, actually being driven, on the weekend and it looked pretty good, I thought. For starters, it didn't look as big but it also looked more sinister and purposeful than I imagined. The crazy aero wasn't as obvious or in-your-face, which was kind of nice as well.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by ishtori5
The CTR is not meant to compete with M2/Mustang GT/Camaro SS. If it is, Honda would of priced it like them . The dealership up-charge is basic supply and demand and not due to its performance. Because for the first time ever you can buy a brand new CTR direct from a local dealership in NA as there are a lot of pent up demand and dealerships are cashing in on it.

Most of us here won't pay the upcharge (myself included if I were to buy one). But no one can deny the fact critics all agree and lots of people are willing to pay the upcharge because it is an awesome car with great performance and offers practicality as a daily as well. Otherwise, there wouldn't be an upcharge to begin with.
Huh? The CTR's pricing is pretty much exactly in line with what a Mustang GT or Camaro SS costs new.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
I saw my first CTR in black, actually being driven, on the weekend and it looked pretty good, I thought. For starters, it didn't look as big but it also looked more sinister and purposeful than I imagined. The crazy aero wasn't as obvious or in-your-face, which was kind of nice as well.
black hides a lot of the fake vents that people hate so it does look better in black to some people
Old 12-19-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Huh? The CTR's pricing is pretty much exactly in line with what a Mustang GT or Camaro SS costs new.
Upon closer reading, I wasn't paying attention and was just going by what JonBoy had posted and the prices are in CAD not USD. Either way, both GT and SS start at around $36k which is still alot more than CTR after you add options. My point is if you are cross shopping and prefer the Mustang/Camaro combo then the CTR is not for you.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 435 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Except the other two are pretty much useless as actual cars.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
As are all coupes. But for coupes they're actually pretty useful.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol to who, You?

How are They useless as actual cars? That statement makes no sense...If you're making this comment based on seating does that make the S2K useless as an actual car as well?
Perhaps even more so, both the Mustang and the Camaro actually have back seats, though tight they are, they're there...and they happen to fold down, giving both a pretty decent amount of storage space...How is that useless?

Not everyone has a family that needs 4 doors.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:59 AM

They're not as useful as a hatchback but I wouldn't call it "useless".
Originally Posted by GT350RS
How are They useless as actual cars? That statement makes no sense...If you're making this comment based on seating does that make the S2K useless as an actual car as well?
I do believe the S2000 is useless as actual cars tbh lol. I love my S2000 but there are times where if the S2000 was my only car, it would be hard to do some of the stuff I needed to do.
But the Mustang and the Camaro has a lot more space so I don't believe it to be useless as actual cars. Just not as useful as a wagon/hatchback.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A car's "usefulness" is entirely up to the individual. Without it we would all be driving the exact same thing.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by GT350RS
A car's "usefulness" is entirely up to the individual. Without it we would all be driving the exact same thing.
I agree. Everyone is in a different situation and has a different need for a car.
It's great that there are many choices in the 35k range now to suit a wide variety of people.

Quick Reply: Why is the new CTR so slow?