Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why do I find this car so stunning?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts
Default Why do I find this car so stunning?

I realize this is old but never saw this episode of Top Gear until last night. The stying and that sound are intoxicatiing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxF9vFJezRA

I don't know why but it makes me like the 4c more. Perhaps for its unique Italian-ness. Italianinity?
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Because your middle name is Stu?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Have you seen the 4C in person yet? I saw it in the flesh for the first time the other day!

Someone just bought one at a Cars & Coffee I attended on Saturday. The fit and finish is good; better than I was expecting. Really nice looking car! If you can deal with the 2/3's the storage the S2K offer's, then 4C should be a consideration! I am on the fence whether that little amount of storage would be enough. Size wise, looks bigger than Lotus Elise. The owner had the car for two weeks and I think this was his first substantial drive he had in it.

I am die hard Alfa fan, so I little biased, but they did this car right. There's a good chance the 4C coupe may not be imported to US next year; only the Spyder due crash regulations. Alfa may need an exemption for the coupe the 4C owner had told me.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Imo the 2uettottanta is the best Alfa concept never actually produced, byt maybe we'll see something like it with the Miata reskin.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Have you seen the 4C in person yet?
I've seen a 4C up close, but the lack of a manual kills it for me. For the money and packaging, you can get a Lotus Elise for the fun imo.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT

That is a pretty car. Although if they make that a reskinned Miata, please give it a decent engine.

Must.......resist......Italian......mistique.....

And all these cars look great in red, but I also really like the 4c in white.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
I've seen a 4C up close, but the lack of a manual kills it for me. For the money and packaging, you can get a Lotus Elise for the fun imo.
Would have to drive them both, but 4C has more upscale trimmings than the Elise, much better warranty, better financing options, and all that carbon! Lotus has better brakes and maybe even more tracked focused if that's ones intent.

4C has a lifetime original owner warranty option for like $3500. $2500 increases the transferable warranty to 7 years (the owner had mentioned to me). Porsche and Lotus aren't offering that, are they?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by Saki GT' timestamp='1431442258' post='23610012
Would have to drive them both, but 4C has more upscale trimmings than the Elise, much better warranty, better financing options, and all that carbon! Lotus has better brakes and maybe even more tracked focused if that's ones intent.

4C has a lifetime original owner warranty option for like $3500. $2500 increases the transferable warranty to 7 years (the owner had mentioned to me). Porsche and Lotus aren't offering that, are they?
Warranties mean very little when you have a poor dealer network. Now the Lotus dealer network is pretty bad. But there are very very good independent shops out there with a ton of experience with Loti. Parts are pretty cheap. Labor is somewhat expensive depending on the project. But you can DIY a lot of the small stuff that adds up with relatively cheap parts.

IMO the price on the Alfa isn't worth it, especially if you have to pay dealer markup. At least with the Loti, you know they won't be depreciating much, Mine appreciated since i bought it!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because you have good taste?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
IMO the price on the Alfa isn't worth it, especially if you have to pay dealer markup. At least with the Loti, you know they won't be depreciating much, Mine appreciated since i bought it!
With dealer markup, I'd agree. Without it, I would probably take the 4C over the Exige or Elise, but would need to drive them all. Been 12 years since I went in an Elise... Only two Lotus dealers in New England. As you mentioned, Lotus is good for DIY type car. Like they actually thought about that stuff when designing the car...

4C's depreciation is unknown right now, but considering the low production numbers and hot looks, it should hold value quite well.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It has some interesting angles for sure, though I find the continuous ridge around the front half of the car to be a bit odd.

Quick Reply: Why do I find this car so stunning?