Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

'whose' next ride will be electric/hybrid?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'whose' next ride will be electric/hybrid?

I've had it with the oil companies/countries. They are robbing us and we can't stop them.

My gas burner is my first and last.

Sadly, full electric and plug in hybrids are already possible. But americans are not showing enough interest so the auto makers will not make them for sale. The cost of the electrical parts and batteries will go down if a lot of these cars will sell.
We need to show auto makers we are willing to buy.

So, who here are done with gasoline engines?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

Grammar/spelling police here: it's "whose" btw.

My next ride will CERTAINLY be a hybrid.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM

My next car will definitely get good gas mileage, but I'm not sure I'll pay the extra for a hybrid. I'm not going to pay an extra $5000 to save $3000 in gas over the time I drive the car.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wickerbill,Apr 29 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm not going to pay an extra $5000 to save $3000 in gas over the time I drive the car.
Even if it means sticking it to the bastard oil companies and OPEC douche bags? I would. The days of PERMANENT $5/gal are almost here.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=hondaBeater,Apr 29 2008, 02:18 PM] I've had it with the oil companies/countries. They are robbing us and we can't stop them.

My gas burner is my first and last.

Sadly, full electric and plug in
Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 PM

Don
Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

I see a Prius or Civic hybrid in my very near future.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rai,Apr 29 2008, 07:16 PM
ridiculous.

everything you said (IMO) plug-in hybrids or any hybrids (you can have them) if they make any financial sense and if you want such a slow car then have at it.

Also, why do you say oil companies are robbing us blind? there are ways for people to avoid buying gas (move close to work, walk/bike) carpool etc..

If gas was not worth the cost no one would buy it.

You see people buy bottled water? Guess what people will pay for it so whay can't a company sell it for whatever price the market will support?

You know what tens or hundred of millions of people have cars/trucks and SUVs that get less than 20 mpg. Did they have an alternative? Yes they could have got cars which get 30 or 40 MPG but they didn't. Now they want to blame Big oil.

If oil/gas is cheap people will buy BIG cars and now they don't want to pay the piper. It's very funny.

Not that I think Hydrogen or Electric or hybrids or some combination are bad. But Gas is such the best alternative at this time and in the near future that it's funny to read how people are going to jump off the gas bandwagon.

Call me when your electric and battery bills come in and tell us how Big electric and Big battery makers shouldn't be able to make a profit. LOL
Rai, I partially agree with you and understand your frustration but think about the other effects this gas price hiking is creating... low income families will have a tougher time, food prices have dramatically increased causing countries to go into food crisis so on and so on. Grred is behind all of this and everyone knows it, yes there might be situations why the proces have gone up but they shouldn't be this high, they are just pushing it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if the S2000 was a car with good gas milage? I got it because my lifted jeep wrangler got 10-15mpg. And now i work from home so I use a tank of gas maybe 2 times a month.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rai,Apr 29 2008, 07:16 PM
ridiculous.

everything you said (IMO) plug-in hybrids or any hybrids (you can have them) if they make any financial sense and if you want such a slow car then have at it.

Also, why do you say oil companies are robbing us blind? there are ways for people to avoid buying gas (move close to work, walk/bike) carpool, plus many people own shares of oil companies they are mostly publicly owned.

If gas was not worth the cost no one would buy it.

You see people buy bottled water? Guess what people will pay for it so whay can't a company sell it for whatever price the market will support?

You know what tens or hundred of millions of people have cars/trucks and SUVs that get less than 20 mpg. Did they have an alternative? Yes they could have got cars which get 30 or 40 MPG but they didn't. Now they want to blame Big oil.

If oil/gas is cheap people will buy BIG cars and now they don't want to pay the piper. It's very funny.

Not that I think Hydrogen or Electric or hybrids or some combination are bad. But Gas is such the best alternative at this time and in the near future that it's funny to read how people are going to jump off the gas bandwagon.

Call me when your electric and battery bills come in and tell us how Big electric and Big battery makers shouldn't be able to make a profit. LOL
I can't believe it...

I feel the exact same way...these damn politicians are preaching, let's penalize the big oil companies...let's make THEM pay the Federal gas tax this summer.

Please. How can be a capitalist society and then smack the hands that make money!

Law of DEMAND and SUPPLY. For fawk's sake...stop biatching and deal with it.

Quick Reply: 'whose' next ride will be electric/hybrid?