Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What's your next car going to be?

Old 08-02-2002, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your next car going to be?

Considering I've only had my S2000 for 7 months and planned on keeping it long term (at least 5 years) I have no business starting this thread, but if you're like me you're looking at other cars even before that new car smell is gone. I'm very interested in what kind of performance the new RX8 is going to offer, I like the concept of a true sports car that can still occasionally seat 3 or 4 adults while still maintaining the lines of a sports car and not a sports coupe or sedan. I thought that the new "Z" might be interesting but as soon as I saw its 3300lb. curb weight I dismissed it. I just don't understand why Nissan can't build a car of those dimensions and come in at 3000 lbs. or under. The new WRX STI also looks interesting. My son owns a slightly modded WRX and the surge of power this car provides at about 3000 rpm is addictive. If the STI comes with a better gearbox, and a tweek here and there they may truly have themselves the "ultimate driving machine" apologies to BMW.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:14 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will go with an Elise or Cooper S. Maybe even a Van Diemen or Reynard but who knows? That's what I'm thinking tonight but by the the time I'm ready to buy it could change.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:28 PM

I think I'm interested in a more sport/luxury sedan, like a Lexus GS430 or something
Old 08-02-2002, 08:28 PM

I will likely get my moms '97 Accord Wagon. Don't laugh, please.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:33 PM

Either a RSX or the new Accord Coupes....

if I play my plans right... maybe I'll get my s2000 by next year
Old 08-03-2002, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure, since I'm happy for now and in no particular hurry, but here's today's list of finalists:

Z06 (maybe the C6 version?)
M3 SMG coupe
350 (maybe the upcoming roadster?)
another S2000 or its successor
new NSX (if the $50K price tag becomes a reality)
Old 08-03-2002, 05:35 AM

I plan on keeping my S forever at this point, but would like to add a new Merc "G" class to my inventory. Of course that would require upgrading the wife's Merc so my plans will have to wait for a while.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:37 AM

I don't want to choc... Anybody here but me??? THE NEW MUSTANG SVT COBRA 2003 cabrio is my choice!!! I already ordered... I know it's a Mustangggggg, for some fancy people, it's a no class car??? For me, it's world class car... The best Mustang ever!!! Probably a collector's car too and bargain when you compare to the Z06... Who is also a bargain!!! My opinion...
Old 08-03-2002, 06:58 AM

Not interested in buying a new car till 05'. I'm hoping Acura releases their newly redesigned NSX by that time, thats the car i'm holding out for. Looking for it to have at least 350hp, hopefully it will stay mid-engine(inline-6, maybe even an 8). Nothing else on the market right now really interests me, i'm a beleiver that styling has gone down the drain in the past couple years & redesigns of cars are starting to look very displeasing to the eye. I just hope Honda doesn't mess up the redesign of the much anticipated NSX, what a shame that would be , only time will tell
Old 08-03-2002, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by Live to Run
I don't want to choc... Anybody here but me??? THE NEW MUSTANG SVT COBRA 2003 cabrio is my choice!!! I already ordered... I know it's a Mustangggggg, for some fancy people, it's a no class car??? For me, it's world class car... The best Mustang ever!!! Probably a collector's car too and bargain when you compare to the Z06... Who is also a bargain!!! My opinion...
I am right there with you. If I wanted another car. First I want to get another truck. I want to get an F-150 SVT Lightning.

Quick Reply: What's your next car going to be?