Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What's with Porsche and BMW snobby attitude?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What's with Porsche and BMW snobby attitude?

I never realized so many BMW and Porsche owners are so stuck up, snobby and in love with their badge!

After having briefly owned a BMW for a month and now browsing every Porsche forum possible since having my Boxster S, I am sick to my stomach of seeing people say things like:

-''well at least we drive a German car and not a crap cheap Japan car''

-''Get the Porsche because people will notice it more than an S2000-RX8-350Z,etc...''

-''In the end it's worth it because of German engineering''

There are tons more, I'm sure you can add to this.

I always got into arguments with people defending Porsche-BMW owners saying that they don't just buy for the badge, but man...

I mean they aern't blasting JDM cars all the time, in fact they admit they are nice, but there's always that little snobby attitude of ''oh well nothing compares to a German car's class and style and prestige'' at the end of their posts...
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

Its all ignorance more than anything. You find that here as well. Just mention Corvette and watch what happens.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GPMike,Nov 8 2007, 10:26 PM
Its all ignorance more than anything. You find that here as well. Just mention Corvette and watch what happens.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Nov 8 2007, 10:26 PM
I always thought the Corvette was a respected car here, people (as I) seem to love the car!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacques79,Nov 9 2007, 01:46 AM
I always thought the Corvette was a respected car here, people (as I) seem to love the car!
People still can't get over the interior despite the fact it will run circles around our car and MANY others sub 100k easily
Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Well, I see the same attitude here, definitely not something that's limited to BMW or Porsche drivers.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 AM

the OP brings up an excellent point. but there is nothing to be said except that the world is messed up and people love to feel good by putting others down. regardless if their reasoning is correct or not.

truth is that EU cars are the most expensive in the world and they have to claim some superiority or else the buyers end up looking DUMB.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM

yeah, that is annoying. Almost as annoying as BMW owners that think they drive a sports car. Most have never actually owned a sports car, but the sales guy at BMW told them that it handles as well as any sports car and is as luxurious as any other luxury car - it's the perfect car. I had a BMW dude at work that about $hit a brick when I took him around in my s2000.

Don't get me wrong...BMW is great...but it IS NOT a sports car. Sporty yes, sports, no.

EDIT: I'm talking 3 and 5 series here, you can make the argument that the Z series is actually a sports car.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 AM

s2k crowd is just as bad...350z is shit cuz its heavy blah blah...corvette has the interior of a mooses stomach lining blah blah...this is not a honda civic blah blah...some ricer in his (enter japanese engine swapped compact car) tried to run me but since i have an s2k i didnt run him yooo...for more examples please see the street encounters forum
Old 11-09-2007, 05:03 AM

because people need to justify to themselves and others why they spent the money that they did on a car, that in all reality, you could get the same performance, comfort, style, etc. from another brand for a lot cheaper.

Quick Reply: What's with Porsche and BMW snobby attitude?