Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What are your thoughts on '05 G35c 6spd?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man, good luck with it. I must admit I catch myself rubber-necking each time I see one on the street - it is indeed a beautiful car.

How did you find the delivery of the car's power? Reason I asked is when I drove a 280hp 6spd., I though the acceleration was certainly smooth (and quiet) but it did not have the push-your-back-to-the-seat feel that I anticipated from this torquey engine. At the risk of sounding like a "hater," I must say it actually felt quite mundane.

Sounds like you are getting a great deal on the price - Congrats! Price is another factor that held me from pulling the trigger to buy the G35. I do not like Nissan's method of BS pricing. Infiniti's website has a feature to track exactly what models are in stock in every dealer. I searched all of those dealers within 100 miles of me and found only 1 out of over 200 G35 coupes that does not have the premium package (~$2.5k), which consists of moonroof, Bose trash and minor bells and whistles. It was an auto anyhow so it didn't matter. I hate such wormy practices by corporation.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben,

It's all about the allocations (I think). East coast is supposed to be the last ones to get the 6-spd.

For pricing, use GrubbsInfiniti.com's website and have people match it. At the local place, they didn't even ask if I was in the military, they just said they will match it. Also, you can google G35 forums and they will tell you the going rate for the cars and who will sell them at a reasonable price. Also, you can order yours to your needs. Just have to wait 6-8 weeks for it. I only selected what I'll need. I don't even use the sunroof on my current car, so what's the point. And I'll probably upgrade the stereo/ICE. That's the first thing that I did with the S.

I only test drove the '05 coupe Auto; the manual mode is supposed to have rev match when you down shift. It is torquey. Not as much as STi, but you can definitely feel it.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would buy one if i needed a new car. then twin turbo. then mad tickets.