Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What is Your opinion on the Acura RSX type S ...

Old 07-31-2002, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Your opinion on the Acura RSX type S ...

I'm about to buy my girlfriend an Acura RSX Type S. I have read lots about them and test drivin it, and I really like it. Does anyone have one, or know anyone who does, and how do they or you like it?
Thanks
-Murray
Old 07-31-2002, 01:05 PM

I personally love the design of one. I finally got to see a RSX up close and fell in love with it

Wasn't a Type-S though... but I really want one
Old 07-31-2002, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan, looks waaay too bulky on the outside. Looks good from the rear but the front is just naasty imo. That and it's FWD =
Old 07-31-2002, 02:15 PM

For $25K I think it is one of the best cars to get. It reacently won a 4 car shootout in Car & Driver. It is a little chunky, but the Toyota Celica is nice too. It's maintenance record is typical Acura (outstanding). Has all the basic go fast parts for it. Good Car. Unless you want to wait for the Type R for her. Nice !
Old 07-31-2002, 02:35 PM

Could you please post a picture of your girlfriend. She must be pretty hot.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SlightlyFatBast
[B]Could you please post a picture of your girlfriend.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:40 PM

i prolly wont buy it if i could do it again.....the first-year-car has too many problems.....
maybe u can wait for the 03 RSX-S.....it's just around the corner
Old 07-31-2002, 05:28 PM

The RSX type S drives very well. Given better wheels/tires it would accelerate, handle, and brake as good if not better than any of the competition. The interior is very nicely done both in terms of ergonomics and materials. The drivetrain is also very sweet. While I was underwhelmed by the power (OK, I'm spoiled) it is quite a bit more peppy than the last GS-R that I drove.

My problem with the car is much the same as my problem with almost every Acura currently sold (excluding the NSX). That is the styling. It isn't ugly, but it also isn't beautiful. It just doesn't give me that zing to go look at the car in the middle of the night in the garage feeling. I thought that each of the previous gen Integra's were at the least stylish and at the most way better looking than the competition. The new RSX is simply ho hum in my book.

Call me crazy, but that would probably be enough for me to not buy one. I'm passionate about cars and just don't want to go back to driving "an appliance" no matter how nice it drives.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:47 PM

i saw pittpanthers black rsx type s with the oem spoiler kit and it looks simply badass. great daily driver. he liked everything except the rubber pedals.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:57 PM

I helped my little cousin just buy one, very nice car. Very different from the S2000. We wouldn't have gotten it if it were over the $22,000 that the dealer gave us.

Quick Reply: What is Your opinion on the Acura RSX type S ...