Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What GM's troubles could mean to the buyers

Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What GM's troubles could mean to the buyers

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/-why...le-ar63077.html

[QUOTE]Unfold Imagine this. Roadsides piling up with sorry state of Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs, Saturns, Hummers, Saabs, Cadillacs, and practically all GM-made vehicles. The sight extends in all US states, from Cape Kennedy to the West Coast. The same eyesore occurs in other countries like UK, Middle East, and in all parts of the world. These cars need some parts replacement but there are none available. You
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Absolutely ridiculous. Never going to happen, not in a million years. Even if Delphi went down the tubes, it would be acquired by somebody, even worst case scenario, some other entity would step in to produce the parts that many people need. It's this neat thing called 'capitalism.'

One of the most retarded article exerpts I've read in a long time.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Sep 1 2008, 09:32 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Never going to happen, not in a million years. Even if Delphi went down the tubes, it would be acquired by somebody, even worst case scenario, some other entity would step in to produce the parts that many people need. It's this neat thing called 'capitalism.'

They have been raping people for years now that sales are down they are going under? The profit on SUV's is outragous
Old 09-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Sep 1 2008, 12:32 PM

Not only will parts be available....they'll all be made in China and available through Wal-Mart!!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,Sep 1 2008, 04:18 PM
Not only will parts be available....they'll all be made in China and available through Wal-Mart!!
LMFAO! That's the awesome truth right there.

I love the hypocrisy from the majority of Americans that sling the "buy American" mantra when it comes to cars, yet do all of their daily shopping at a Wal-Mart.

Ignorance personified.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by honda606,Sep 1 2008, 02:25 PM
I love the hypocrisy from the majority of Americans that sling the "buy American" mantra when it comes to cars, yet do all of their daily shopping at a Wal-Mart.

Ignorance personified.
Do you have some magical store you shop at where everything in it is designed, engineered, and produced in America?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by JakeJewler,Sep 1 2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/-why...le-ar63077.html

This is some scary stuff. Its one thing to buy a cheap car, but what happens when all the cheap parts and not-so-cheap become scarce. I cant imagine them letting this happen but its not impossible.
They out source most of their parts anyways. The author is either just trying to get attention or has no idea what he is talking about. Someone would make the parts, it's not that hard.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Sep 1 2008, 12:32 PM

You are very quick to jump to that conclusion without considering the facts. First, no one will buy the "company" or bail it out. Dumping money into it won't save it, as that's not the problem.

Now, I agree, another entity (Toyota, Honda, whatever), might buy the facility, keep the employees, etc, to manufacture their OWN parts, but they sure as sh!t are not going to produce parts for cars that quite simply, don't sell.

What I do see happening is that all these parts will be outsourced to China for production.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sahtt,Sep 1 2008, 05:35 PM
The author is either just trying to get attention or has no idea what he is talking about.
Or both.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=NFRs2000NYC,Sep 1 2008, 02:39 PM] You are very quick to jump to that conclusion without considering the facts.

Quick Reply: What GM's troubles could mean to the buyers