Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What is a garage queen to you? Why own one?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the Cortonda at the ABFM in Vancouver the past weekend and the consensus was that this is a very good marriage of old and new - the drivetrain is giving absolutely no problems, just need to tweak the front end a little more before I do the run to Whistler, next year I expect.

Quite a few S2000 enthusiasts at the show and all of them were on board for the engine swap.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont belive in a garage queen as it defeats the purpose of owning the car (my personal opinion nothing against those that think otherwise). If you don't have time to drive it or need to take the larger car for family reasons I don't see this as a problem at all. Its the ones that are afraid to drive it incase the value goes down or god forbid someone parks next to it. At the end of the day its just a car a hunk of metal and leather, get the most enjoyment out of it while you have it. You only Iive once, you won't look back on it one day while on your death bed saying man I wish i didn't drive my car as much. My 991S, GT4, M3, and now S2000 all seen daily duty. Put over 7,000 miles on my GT4 while only having it for 8 months, it would have more but I try to cycle my cars. Even if I owned a LaFerrari Or F1 it would get driven as much as humanly possible.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A garage queen is something a Ferris Buellers Day off scene where Cameron told Ferris his dad polished the Ferrari with a diaper type deal. Had a museum like garage for it. Lol.

I had some guy that owned a 09' ACR tell me he does not take it to the track because it will lose 5k in its value. He only drives it to car shows. I'm assuming he treats that car like a garage queen. Tough question answer since it's so relative to what you think is worthy of that diaper rub.