Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What F1 drivers do you love to hate?

Old 05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mntony,May 31 2005, 03:49 PM
Fricken JV won a championship, and that seems to be the qualification for that list.
seriously if JV is in the hall of fame, RB with almost 3x as many podiums should be. Also DC, he's got more wins than JV
Old 05-31-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ralfie.

He just bugs me.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:46 PM

jv has always been highly overrated. he narrowly beat ms to the 1997 title in a car (williams-renault) that was vastly superior to ms's ferrari. since then he has thought way to highly of himself.
I remember that final race when MS hit JV in that corner in hopes to take him out of the championship.....seems like only yesterday.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=S2kBush,May 31 2005, 08:11 AM] Holy crap dude! this alphabet soup NEEDS to be in an IRL or F1 forum FAST!!

There are very few people on this board that can identify with the initials of all those drivers. I know I cant! WOW
Old 05-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b0mbrman,Jun 1 2005, 12:38 AM
MS - Michael Schumacher Germany (Ferrari)
JPM - Juan Pablo Montoya Columbia (McLaren-Mercedes)
RB - Rubens Barrichello Brazil (Ferrari)
JV - Jacques Villeneuve Canada (Sauber-Petronas)
FA - Fernando Alonso Spain (Renault)
KR - Kimi Raikkonen Finland (McLaren-Mercedes)
DC - David Coulthard UK (Red Bull Racing)
JB - Jenson Button UK (BAR Honda)
RS - Ralf Schumacher Germany (Toyota)
TS - Takuma Sato Japan (Lucky Strike BAR Honda)
NH - Nick Heidfeld Germany (BMW Williams F1)
MW - Mark Webber Australia (BMW Williams F1)
VL - Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy (Red Bull)
CK - Christian Klien Austria (Red Bull)
JT - Jarno Trulli Italy (Toyota)
GF - Giancarlo Fisichella Italy (Renault)
FM - Felipe Massa Brazil (Sauber)
then 4 guys who dont matter (Jordan, Minardi drivers)
I filled in your drivers list, hope you don't mind.

Who i hate, respect, but HATE:
MS, enough said
YES i'm disappointed with BAR ... BUT, i will be wearing my BAR Honda F1 Flag as a cape along with 6 Lucky Strike BAR Honda hats hanging off my body, the Lucky Strike BAR Honda team shirt, and just in case, the Honda F1, or maybe the Lucky Strike BAR Honda f1 Fleece, or the Brunotti PRC sweater..hell maybe all 3(EVERY piece I own is Official Lucky Strike BAR Honda, or Honda F1 Racing Merchandise) at the USGP. Psychotically cheering my Drivers JB and TS and my team! (Turkey 5 days Istanbul,,, smoke opium out of hooka..see Inagural Turkish F1 race....anyone interested???) If not.. only race I will see this year
11 races to go... Honda said earlier this year.."we will sacrifice points for a chance at Victory" The goal wasn't the WCC it was wins for 05. I still can be hopeful , and the team is strong...they will rebound
I think JB and TS are great..very different styles but both great. I do not want to see either of them go! Any way, i can still hope for Wins and either driver is capable delivering, provided the whole team gets it right.

Now, who i REALLY like

NH, I just watched the on board of his pole lap at the Nurburgring
I honestly feel that if Williams gets the car right... you could see Quick Nick in the hunt for the drivers title(he is only 2 points behind KR and JT).
MW sucks.
NH can be the next MS. Remember, he was to be McLaren's guy, but KR appeared and NH got the shaft, to BAD teams.
He is German.
I just think he drives with surgical precision, he does not chock. he is in same boat as the BAR boys...Give him a car.. he can win
Old 05-31-2005, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by 03_AP1,May 31 2005, 07:46 PM
I remember that final race when MS hit JV in that corner in hopes to take him out of the championship.....seems like only yesterday.
Dont forget that MS won the championship from Damon Hill in Adelaide by the same manouver. (Senna & Prost won championships by crashing out rivals too)

JV has won an F1 Championship and a Cart championship (same as Nigel Mansell) he just has to win Le Mans and he will have done something that no-one else has - remember when Mario wanted to win Le Mans so that he could do the same thing F1 Championship, USA chamiopnship and Le Mans wins. And the early BAR days weren't great (neither were Ferrari when MS joined them).

RS hasn't lived up to his promise (I remember people saying that he was going to be bigger than MS.

MW has been good in the previous years (I thought that he beat CK when they were at Jaguar. CK is going far better this year than I thought that he would).

How about a "revolving" 26 race championship where everyone gets to drive twice in a different car (13 manufacturers). At the end of the championship you know who has the quickest car and who is the quickest driver.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Marco,May 31 2005, 09:38 PM
I filled in your drivers list, hope you don't mind.
Not at all...I actually only listed the ones whose initials were mentioned in the thread
Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rai,May 31 2005, 07:03 AM
I guess I didn't like Hakanan b/c he was so stiff in the interviews.
Who the hell is Hakanan???
Old 06-01-2005, 04:32 AM
rai

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Jun 1 2005, 04:13 AM
Who the hell is Hakanan???
Mika Hakkinen

He's retired but in the hall of fame -->>CLICK

He won the championship in 1998 and 1999, tho IMO he only in 1999 b/c MS broke his leg and missed 6 out of 16 races that year
Old 06-01-2005, 04:35 AM
rai

Trivia question, who filled in for MS at Ferrari during his 1999 lay-off?

Quick Reply: What F1 drivers do you love to hate?