Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What does everyone think of the new ZR1?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by candyass,Aug 29 2008, 04:13 PM
Yep, more hollow promises without a clearly detailed plan is exactly what we need. According to Obama all we need is hope. Obama is a 3rd year senator that has been running for president 2 out of those three years. What mind blowing govt reforms has he introduced or passed in his threee years?
He is an excellent speaker, and may do great things, i am just curious why he hasn't done anything with the power he has already. Great leaders lead in every postion they are in, they don't wait to reach the pinnacle before making reforms. Sorry to go all PRC. I'm ready for an old ass war hero to run this country, the last two young guys did not work out so well.
A million times better then the alternative.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerodax,Aug 29 2008, 06:14 PM
A million times better then the alternative.
How would you know? Because he said so? Thats the same thing everyone was saying during the congressional and senate races, the Democrats won a major swing and are in complete control. What have they done while controlling the house and senate and while our economy is in trouble, our troops are still being misused, oil and energy markets completely unstable. Oh yeah thats right, they sat on their asses, reminded us of all the problems we have every day, and have done exactly ZERO to change it.
Its all Bush's fault, I mean, he's the President so he controls everything right?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by candyass,Aug 29 2008, 04:23 PM
How would you know? Because he said so? Thats the same thing everyone was saying during the congressional and senate races, the Democrats won a major swing and are in complete control. What have they done while controlling the house and senate and while our economy is in trouble, our troops are still being misused, oil and energy markets completely unstable. Oh yeah thats right, they sat on their asses, reminded us of all the problems we have every day, and have done exactly ZERO to change it.
Its all Bush's fault, I mean, he's the President so he controls everything right?
Dude you're so right. I was wrong about Obama. You should be President because apparently you know everything!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by archtop,Aug 29 2008, 06:44 PM
Candyass most of us have had enough of Texas gunslingin' diplomacy.Bush has completely ****ed this country over sorry you can't see the forest through the trees but that's the facts Jack! Ever heard the Randy Newman song "Drop the Big One" ,that scares the hell out of me because that's where Bush and his military politics are taking us sir, respectfully.
This race has nothing to do with Bush unless you can now serve three terms and I missed it. You guys do realize Bush is not in this race?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

IBTL!

McCain - war hero, calls a spade is a spade. Will make decisions based on practicality, not nepotism. That's a very good thing. EXCEPT I get the sense his optimism includes some naivety will lead him astray - "If we want X done, we'll have to concede on Y." "If we want to get elected, we'll have to appease the religious right an choose a creationist as running mate." A creationist! OMG. (Note the irony of my exclamation. ) I think I would have voted for McCain as a person, but I also think the conservative baggage that goes along with his party affiliation is too much for me to bear. It's striking how different McCain's statements are from his party's published platform.

Obama - heh, more on that later if the thread survives.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=Elistan,Aug 29 2008, 07:07 PM] IBTL!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM

psss

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26460555/

Have fun with that one.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aerodax,Aug 29 2008, 07:17 PM
psss

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26460555/

Have fun with that one.
Oh no, oh no, the sky is falling.
" Palin would not likely have any role in choosing Supreme Court nominees if McCain wins the presidential election"
Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I don't what you guys are talking about, but Palin is a hottie.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by archtop,Aug 29 2008, 05:30 PM
Oh yes it does.McCain has voted with GW 90% of the time and we cannot afford 4 more years of the same destructive thinking.More taking care of the wealthy with the hope that they will throw us some crumbs.
You must be starving to death with a 335i and S2000 and need Barack to feed you some crumbs from a rich guy's table.

I always find it amusing that any direction the country takes is the direct result of the President's decisions and has nothing to do with Congress or the Judiciary. It's like we're a dictatorship or something.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm not a big fan of the Iraq war now, but who is? What I wonder sometimes is what could have happened if we didn't hit Iraq hard or Afghanistan and do the other things we've done behind the scenes? Possible dirty bomb? Possible rogue nuclear/chemical attack?

I don't know, but I am happy we haven't had any significant terrorist attacks in our country since 9/11.

Quick Reply: What does everyone think of the new ZR1?