Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What do you think of this rare car?

Old 11-11-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjosh,Nov 11 2004, 08:18 AM
CarDude, if you don't mind me asking.. what do you do for a living?
Software stuff
Old 11-11-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mutlu,Nov 9 2004, 02:45 PM
Collectors??? Puhleeeezzzeee.

The only thing you'll be collecting with that car is the parts that will be falling off while you driving it.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can pick up anniversery 03 convertibles for mid-high 20's. Fun cars. A friend has a 03 red convertible.

IMO you would be wrong to think a certain color is going to make the car hold its value any better. If it does it will do so for a very limited audience which translates into a long selling process.

FWIW there are still brand new 03 coupes out there on dealer lots. Hella discounts. Outdated design aside they can be made seriously fast for very little money.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondDave2005,Nov 9 2004, 12:49 PM
I just never liked that generation Mustang, and now that the new one looks so good, I like this even less. Not a bad car, but if you gave it to me, I'd sell it and buy an s2k.
Its interesting, I'm definitely in the minority that thinks the new Mustang looks overstyled and contrived. One man's opinion and probably most don't share it. I especially don't care for the forward leaning grille. Retro gone bad. That being said, the underpinnings are a definite step ahead.

Anyway, now that I've singled myself out as a styling curmudgeon, I think that ride looks pretty good. Chrome wheels aren't particularly MY thing, but I'm an old school toad anyway. That sucker will sound great with the top down and a good exhaust on it.

It will likely have a bump in value way down the line for that rare color combo, but probably not like the ultra-rare combos of the 60's and early 70's.

Now Blowzilla that bad boy!

Cheers,
-Mirror
Old 11-11-2004, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the input. I thought about getting a Chrome Orange Elise, but the wait is just stupid. I am not buying the car as an investment...as no car near this price is or could be. I am buying it because I love the orange convertible with V-8 supercharged power. I will change out the rims and tires, stiffen the chassis, change the exhaust and a add a cold air.

You can see Nin009 purchased the Lotus Elise, so I thought I should get something to toy with him. I will need to do some serious suspension work to keep up with him in the corners, but I hope to catch him on the straights (especially since we're at altitude). With the right skills...he will be mine. God forbid I get too close to him...since my rims and tires weight more than his whole car...I might literally blow him off the road.

Thats right Nin009 its an official calling out...

I sounded hostile just to get you guys goin...no hard feelings...m-kay.

I post here because I loved my S2K, I just can't buy the same car twice. Damn it Honda put a uber-light V-6 in it already.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CarDude,Nov 11 2004, 11:53 AM
You can see Nin009 purchased the Lotus Elise, so I thought I should get something to toy with him. I will need to do some serious suspension work to keep up with him in the corners, but I hope to catch him on the straights (especially since we're at altitude). With the right skills...he will be mine. God forbid I get too close to him...since my rims and tires weight more...I might literally blow him off the road.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Ummmmmm.....that would be your second 2003 Cobra Mustang..... Mmmmkay....

[QUOTE=CarDude,Nov 11 2004, 12:53 PM]I post here because I loved my S2K, [B]I just can't buy the same car twice.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by CarDude,Nov 11 2004, 10:53 AM
You can see Nin009 purchased the Lotus Elise, so I thought I should get something to toy with him. I will need to do some serious suspension work to keep up with him in the corners, but I hope to catch him on the straights (especially since we're at altitude). With the right skills...he will be mine. God forbid I get too close to him...since my rims and tires weight more than his whole car...I might literally blow him off the road.
Bahhhhh. Rims and tires? Don't forget your spare tire around the midsection. Skinny people don't need torque or FI. Mmmm, cheeseburgers. That alone is handicap enough for me.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nin009,Nov 11 2004, 11:43 AM
Bahhhhh. Rims and tires? Don't forget your spare tire around the midsection. Skinny people don't need torque or FI. Mmmm, cheeseburgers. That alone is handicap enough for me.
Oooohhh it's getting personal now...I guess when it comes down to it your not really a threat, since you won't have time to drive it anyway. "Oh, I can't drive this weekend I have to go to a car show" and pimp my products (and myself).

Even at my skinniest my left leg out weight you...light weight.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Scot,Nov 11 2004, 11:41 AM
Ummmmmm.....that would be your second 2003 Cobra Mustang..... Mmmmkay....

Sidenote - not sure how many 2003's are still leftover as NEW on the lots, but there is one in Michigan (silver) for $24,900 and they are probably negotiable at at that... what a deal!!!
It was a 2003 coupe...I'm gettin a 2004 convertible.

Plus the coupe was my daily driver...now I am rolling in the C32 AMG. That car has spoiled me on trying to find a weekend car. The 0-60 acceleration is sweet. It's the only four seater I have been in that pins you to the seat.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this rare car?