Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

what do u guys think of sti

Old 09-15-2003, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cagar_a_Stoirm
[B]

I'm sorry that you had to learn that the hard way, but then again so did I. I had my WRX for two years and I loved it, so obviously I was pumped up about the STi. I got one and within two weeks I was kicking myself. Right after I sold my STi to a 17 year old guy, who's mother just wrote me a check for it, I headed right over to a local Honda dealer and picked up my MY03, and right now I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:49 PM
jun

to sam
Strange, I traded my S for a car with many similarities to a STi, a S4, and glad I did. The S4 is much faster and easier to live with. I was worried because I knew the S wasn't for me after owning it for just 6 months. Too small, bumpy ride, and no torque are all bad in my book. I guess you have to be a convertable person.

i assume u never even know how to drive an S ba
Old 09-15-2003, 05:53 PM

nm
Old 09-15-2003, 06:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 50cal
[B]My Evo with 470 miles on it got hit on 9/11, I'm trading it in when I get it back fixed.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jun
[B]to sam
Old 09-15-2003, 07:24 PM
jun

Trust me, the S is like a toy compared to my 650HP Supra. It's like driving a geo metro to you.
650 hp supra.. i really think that's away too much for u..
know how to drive first man
Old 09-15-2003, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by E46-Pyellow

Glad you alright, i will say get the STi since you are getting an M3 anyway. you will need a AWD i assume, since you live in NY...........but it all depends on if you want a 4dr AWD car or Convert......
Thanks

I think the STi would be the more rational choice, sedan and AWD. But getting the M3, I already feel like I'm getting a practical car (even though they aren't that great in the snow).

Did a search here and have read that the S2k with snow tires definitely holds its own in mild snow, obviously can't touch AWD though. Basically, I don't want to base buying a car on just 1 Season....the S2k rocks in the Spring, Fall, Summer.

What to do.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:21 PM

I'm loving my STi! It's a fun car to drive, not as fun as the S, but fun. It's rather practical but the suspension is unforgiving. I think the STi fits me well and the reason I didn't get an Evo is first of all, the looks, second, it's a Mitsubishi and on this side of the pond, they have been crap(I realize the Evo was made in Japan, but Mitsu crap still is fresh in my mind), the dealers around here are terrible, Mitsu customer service, and friends who've regretted getting an Evo.

To sum this up, if you put them head to head, I'd get the S2K, but why not have both?
Old 09-15-2003, 09:45 PM

Dunno, My Sti fits me like a glove. The only thing I miss from my 2 previous S2000's was the top comming down. I have over 1000 miles now and Im doing things in the Sti I was never able to do with my S2000's such as completely flooring it in a corner and doing 4 wheel drifts (instead of the rear snapping out on me). As the miles rack up, its getting funner and funner. To boot, I can throw my 2 young ones in the back and haul them to the baby sitter in the morning.

Dunno, Im having a funner time in it then I was in my S2000's.. But then again, my S2000's were dry weather only, I get to drive the STi 24X7

Ill have a better idea when I take it to the PCA Autocross day on September 21st.

I love how people compare cars by their looks. Looks are in the eye of the beholder and I have been getting as many looks in my Sti as I did in Early September 99 when I was one of 5 S2000's in the northwest on the road.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by y2ks2k
I love how people compare cars by their looks. Looks are in the eye of the beholder and I have been getting as many looks in my Sti as I did in Early September 99 when I was one of 5 S2000's in the northwest on the road.
Who is comparing cars just by their looks?

I just said the STi's looks are not sitting well with me at the moment, but would still consider it based on its merits.

Anyway, people are going to look at an STi because it has a huge rear spoiler and a hood scoop that could double as an Electrolux.

Quick Reply: what do u guys think of sti