Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What are the differences on 2006+ Civics

Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the differences on 2006+ Civics

So I'm thinking about getting a used 2006+ civic DX/LX/EX sedan, whatever the best deal I can get at the time.

I've followed honda products in the past and I never really could tell a difference unless I got into the cars at the dealership.

From my civic knowledge in the past 92-2000, the EX models always got keyless, moonroof, better cloth seats, abs, and a tad more horsepower from the Vtec-E.

I know all the Civics from this generation all have disc brakes, ABS, and I think the government made stability control standard after a certain year...

Besides the moonroof, and ipod hookup/sound system, and alloy wheels, is there any difference in the new civic between trims?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM

VSA on 2007. why don't get an Si. You need an automatic??
Old 03-19-2011, 06:30 PM

gas millage, cheaper on consumables like gas, tires, brakes, etc.

I wanted the civic for an economy car, not an arguement starter on why i should have gotten the GTI/MS3/Cooper S/WRX instead
Old 03-19-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

You're wrong about the disc brakes since only EX and above have disc brakes on all four corners (pretty dumb of Honda!). Engines are all rated for the same power. The EX has an extra two speakers standard w/ the audio system. Also, you get steering-wheel mounted audio controls and a remote trunk release on the key fob, if I'm not mistaken
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Man so many competing cars come with better levels of features...

yes this civic sells so many year after year
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I owned a Civic EX. Here are the differences and similarities of note:

- Only the Si has VSA (maybe not after a certain year because of government mandates. But my 09 didn't and I'm pretty sure the '10s were unchanged from 09.
- All 06+ non Si civics (including the redesigned 2012 civic) have the R18 motor. For all three trims 06-11 the power output is the same.

-Not that anyone cares, but technically the fastest civic is the DX because it doesn't have AC or power windows, so it is significantly lighter. It also has smaller wheels, 15s
-The LX adds power windows, 16s w/ hubcaps, AC
-The EX has alloys, disc brakes at all four corners (the DX and LX have drums in the rear), sunroof, iPod hookup, steering wheel audio controls, 350 Watt audio system with 6 speakers and a subwoofer, better seats.

-The interior of the EX and Si are the same EXCEPT: red stitching in the seats, shifter, red lights instead of blue lights

In 2009 they redesigned the grill and front fascia a little bit and the EX got new alloys
Old 03-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DX has power windows, but no power locks (therefore no keyless entry) and no cruise control. The DV-VP adds the air conditioning. LX adds power locks and the remote (no remote trunk popper though and cruise control, bigger steel wheels. EX adds all the rest.

That's how it was for the 2010 and 2011 models. I recently picked up an '11 LX as a daily. Great car.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by steamedturtle
I owned a Civic EX. Here are the differences and similarities of note:

- Only the Si has VSA (maybe not after a certain year because of government mandates. But my 09 didn't and I'm pretty sure the '10s were unchanged from 09.
- All 06+ non Si civics (including the redesigned 2012 civic) have the R18 motor. For all three trims 06-11 the power output is the same.

-Not that anyone cares, but technically the fastest civic is the DX because it doesn't have AC or power windows, so it is significantly lighter. It also has smaller wheels, 15s
-The LX adds power windows, 16s w/ hubcaps, AC
-The EX has alloys, disc brakes at all four corners (the DX and LX have drums in the rear), sunroof, iPod hookup, steering wheel audio controls, 350 Watt audio system with 6 speakers and a subwoofer, better seats.

-The interior of the EX and Si are the same EXCEPT: red stitching in the seats, shifter, red lights instead of blue lights

In 2009 they redesigned the grill and front fascia a little bit and the EX got new alloys
Si has a better stereo than the EX. EX has 160 watts and 6 speakers while the Si has 350 watts and adds a subwoofer. EX doesn't come with the Si stereo.

Seats on the Si are totally different than the EX. It's a lot more than just red stitching. Different upholstery and much larger bolsters on the Si.

I would be very, very surprised if the DX is actually quicker than an Si. Yeah, it's lighter, but it's way down on power and gearing. Sounds like some internet BS that somebody made up to feel better about themselves because they couldn't afford the Si.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by wickerbill
I would be very, very surprised if the DX is actually quicker than an Si. Yeah, it's lighter, but it's way down on power and gearing. Sounds like some internet BS that somebody made up to feel better about themselves because they couldn't afford the Si.
I think he was referring specifically to the DX/LX/EX Civics. Not the Si.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Sounds like I gotta get the EX over the LX/DX

Quick Reply: What are the differences on 2006+ Civics