Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

We all have cars, and we all see mechanics.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:10 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default We all have cars, and we all see mechanics.

Over the years I've had several different cars. Seen several different specialty mechanics. Met so many different people, seen tons of different setups, you name it. I'd like to say everything's been good, and that's why i now have a reliable sports car. But in all reality, i've been down that dark road. That long road that leads to a dead end dealing with pricks that dont know their ass from a hole in the wall. If your in that predicament i strongly advise you watch this video so that you get a better understanding of WHY you get what you pay for.

http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/new...nny-ten-racing
Old 09-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyGatto
Over the years I've had several different cars. Seen several different specialty mechanics. Met so many different people, seen tons of different setups, you name it. I'd like to say everything's been good, and that's why i now have a reliable sports car. But in all reality, i've been down that dark road. That long road that leads to a dead end dealing with pricks that dont know their ass from a hole in the wall. If your in that predicament i strongly advise you watch this video so that you get a better understanding of WHY you get what you pay for.

http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/new...nny-ten-racing
God dam, this video is spot on dead true!! I have seen this exact same thing with friends and acquaintances over the years. Sad fact is a lot of people would probably be offended by this video.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great video, definitely worth the watch. This is true not only for car tuners, but a lot of other industries as well. You have a lot of underqualified people offering low prices, but ultimately failing to deliver what they promised. It happens a lot.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 PM

its ok to not reply. as long as you understand whats going on. Bump
Old 09-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Great video, definitely worth the watch. This is true not only for car tuners, but a lot of other industries as well. You have a lot of underqualified people offering low prices, but ultimately failing to deliver what they promised. It happens a lot.
can't agree more. But I tell my customers the same thing. You might be able to find someone cheaper. But when that person screws you, can't fill your order, or gives you issues, don't come running back to me. Same goes for the people with these cars. If you go to some cheap ass shop with a horrible or no history, you shouldn't be surprised when they f@#k something up.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Interesting how he says he checks into people now. smart bc if a crazy build is wanted, and that person just doesn't know squat, runs his mouth everywhere and has no integrity, that's not the guy you want to do a big build for.

I got to watch/help one of those wannabe shops start up, mess up, flame up all over the nets and then shut up and shut down. Long ago college. I just help fabricate and a little design work. Crazy stuff. The owner didn't do himself any favors but either did a bunch of idiots that don't know dick about installing a turbo system or have enough sense not to dyno a 800hp turbo kit on a motor fresh OEM long block from Toyota within 40 miles of driving it around. It definitely goes both ways.

Pay to play, pay to play
Old 09-03-2014, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weren't their some pretty reputable guys until they started doing stupid stuff like Hennessey and a guy that worked on lamborghinis ? What do you do in that situation when you did check them out and they have done the exact build you want yet they still screw it up?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM

i dont know if hennesy really screwed up. I think their cars are slower than ugr cars, but perhaps they're built for different things. But i'm too poor to know the facts, so i'll keep my mouth shut on things i dont know.