Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Viper ACR breaks Laguna Production Car Record

Old 11-25-2009, 05:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother,Nov 25 2009, 05:20 AM
^ Based on what? The picture of it during hard cornering with full suspension compression? Look at the side view picture. It has decent ground clearance.
Based on the 2009 Viper ACR. You think that thing can clear a speedhump/bump better than a ferrari 599 or a ZR1? Its a street legal racecar vs a supercar. They're TWO WORLDS apart. You dont need pics of it standing still to know that it barely clears the road, let alone an object on the road. You also do know in order to get OVER something, the FRONT of the car has to clear it too right? Good luck getting that splitter over anything

http://image.motortrend.com/f/8442121/112_...+front_view.jpg

A pic for reference. I don't know about you but I couldn't even get away with a lip on a barely dropped civic in No. VA so I dont see how this would clear anything without scrapping all over the place.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, shit I dunno... the pic I was looking at doesn't look like it has that splitter, so I don't know if it's a standard item or not...

Doesn't really look much lower than my relatively low S that has a lip and I drive it all over the place without scraping.

I still wouldn't DD the damn thing... but I'm just sayin'...
Old 11-25-2009, 07:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it seems that that pic you posted doesn't have a front splitter. its understandable how you thought otherwise. i dug up another pic with the same side view and it looks like this:

Just wanted to let you know that i know the difference between a fully loaded suspension and unloaded, still standing suspension
Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

those tires are not road legal where I am from. you know what is funny about track day specials from the showroom floor? its very likely that anyone that can actually drive a car like this to its limits has a pretty good understanding of the mechanics involved, and could easily buy something like a Z06 put a big gay wing on the back of it, get some Ohlins, and some hoosier slicks and run with this ugly monstrosity or just destroy it utterly.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

...while destroying much of their factory warranty, not getting factory support for setup and adjustment, and not being street legal.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, the american hate runs so rampid in this forum it's terriable!

Have any of you actually driven a ferrari before? My father's friend owned a few and not one them could I even put my shoe under the car it was so low...yet he drove it day to day in New frickin Jersey home of some of the worst roads without any issues. I guarentee a ferrari wouldn't clear a speed bump any more then this car would. Regardless of that, it passed all DOT regulations so hate all you want, it's a STREET LEGAL PRODUCTION car -- end of story.

So a supercar / exotic that have all this RACING heritage behind them (plus about 5 times the price) cannot be compared to some pos american car because it to was designed to be raced? LOL LOL LOL.

A lot of US legal road tires are not legal in canada so that's a moot point. However, I sense some hate in your blood becuase this car is faster then whatever pos your driving.

I'm pretty sure customizing your customizable factory suspension would not destroy your warranty

Jeus guys give me a break. Give credit where credit is due of GTFO. The american hate runs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 AM

I think ACR should provide one of their new Vipers to S2KI for independent testing.
I gladly volunteer to be one of the drivers
Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Nov 25 2009, 02:07 PM
LOL, the american hate runs so rampid in this forum it's terriable!

Have any of you actually driven a ferrari before? My father's friend owned a few and not one them could I even put my shoe under the car it was so low...yet he drove it day to day in New frickin Jersey home of some of the worst roads without any issues. I guarentee a ferrari wouldn't clear a speed bump any more then this car would. Regardless of that, it passed all DOT regulations so hate all you want, it's a STREET LEGAL PRODUCTION car -- end of story.

So a supercar / exotic that have all this RACING heritage behind them (plus about 5 times the price) cannot be compared to some pos american car because it to was designed to be raced? LOL LOL LOL.

A lot of US legal road tires are not legal in canada so that's a moot point. However, I sense some hate in your blood becuase this car is faster then whatever pos your driving.

I'm pretty sure customizing your customizable factory suspension would not destroy your warranty

Jeus guys give me a break. Give credit where credit is due of GTFO. The american hate runs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
I love the ACR. I'd do a lot of things to have one. However, it's not the same thing as a ZR1 or any standard Ferrari. It's basically a race car for the street. Could you drive this around? Sure, but it's not going to be as easy or comfortable as it would be in a ZR1.

That said, I love this car, especially those side exhausts. It's basically right in line with the seats (right in line with your ear).
Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steponme,Nov 24 2009, 09:49 PM
Very fast car, but almost a race car, not a streetable car albeit street-legal.
Actually, there are a few really nice writeups on the viper board about how the ACR is much more livable then even the original GTS (1997-2002) vipers. It scrapes less, rides better and is much easier to drive.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budgy,Nov 25 2009, 09:04 AM
those tires are not road legal where I am from. you know what is funny about track day specials from the showroom floor? its very likely that anyone that can actually drive a car like this to its limits has a pretty good understanding of the mechanics involved, and could easily buy something like a Z06 put a big gay wing on the back of it, get some Ohlins, and some hoosier slicks and run with this ugly monstrosity or just destroy it utterly.
you have no idea what you are talking about. spoken like someone who has never been on a track in their life.

Quick Reply: Viper ACR breaks Laguna Production Car Record