Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

V6 accord or a V6 Chrysler 300 ??

Old 06-27-2004, 12:13 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default V6 accord or a V6 Chrysler 300 ??

The Hemi is the way to go with the 300C (IMO).

However, you can sticker-shop a Chrysler 300 against a Accord V6. I know a lot of folks here are in love with the 200+ hp FWD car. I'm not one of them. Having not driven either car, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'd rather have a 250hp RWD large car than a 200+ hp FWD no matter if the FWD car you can get a MT while the RWD is a AT only.

Also I like the looks of the Chrysler better than the Accord.

BTW the 300 is selling better than they expected 12,000/month.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:19 PM
FRM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2005 Accord Hybrid is superior to the Chrysler 300 V6 in performance and fuel economy.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=247988

With class-leading performance and fuel efficiency provided by a highly advanced and super-efficient hybrid V6 powertrain, the Accord Hybrid will produce in excess of 240 horsepower with near-peak torque available across the engine's full operating range for exhilarating performance with superb acceleration, passing power and cruising comfort.

Honda's innovative new Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology further enhances the efficiency of the Accord Hybrid by deactivating three of the engine's six cylinders during cruising and deceleration with no impact to vehicle performance or passenger comfort.

Honda's advanced and super-efficient Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system utilizes a high-output electric motor/generator to provide for more efficient engine operation by capturing electrical energy during braking or deceleration and using that energy to help power the vehicle. In addition, the system features the ability to shut off the engine during vehicle stops for further efficiency gains. The resulting savings in fuel consumption, along with VCM cylinder deactivation, provides for fuel economy comparable to a compact-class Civic sedan powered by a four-cylinder engine.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uhh, FRM, who gives a flying about fuel economy.

That said, the Accord is a solid car, but when you do most things well and nothing very well --- and drive the wrong set of wheels -- I'm not interested.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:49 PM

I'd get the Honda. Think resale value 5 years down the line...
Old 06-30-2004, 05:38 AM

I would go for the Accord (and did). I love my '04 v6 6 speed coupe. The styling of the Chrysler just didn't appeal to me. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about the styling that I don't like. But it is all personal preference.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by FRM,Jun 29 2004, 07:19 PM
The 2005 Accord Hybrid is superior to the Chrysler 300 V6 in performance and fuel economy.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=247988

With class-leading performance and fuel efficiency provided by a highly advanced and super-efficient hybrid V6 powertrain, the Accord Hybrid will produce in excess of 240 horsepower with near-peak torque available across the engine's full operating range for exhilarating performance with superb acceleration, passing power and cruising comfort.

Honda's innovative new Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology further enhances the efficiency of the Accord Hybrid by deactivating three of the engine's six cylinders during cruising and deceleration with no impact to vehicle performance or passenger comfort.

Honda's advanced and super-efficient Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system utilizes a high-output electric motor/generator to provide for more efficient engine operation by capturing electrical energy during braking or deceleration and using that energy to help power the vehicle. In addition, the system features the ability to shut off the engine during vehicle stops for further efficiency gains. The resulting savings in fuel consumption, along with VCM cylinder deactivation, provides for fuel economy comparable to a compact-class Civic sedan powered by a four-cylinder engine.
Thanks for posting ad copy yet again.

1. The hybrid Accord is not on the market nor has anyone actually done any fuel economy testing.

2. Hybrids have as a rule not lived up to their EPA numbers due to the way the EPA conducts their economy tests.

3. You contributed almost nothing to the conversation about Accord vs 300.

Having driven both, I would say the 300 feels like a solid, well planted car. It doesn't inspire aggressive driving but it doesn't fail when driven hard. The Accord is a nice toaster. The V6 is a fast toaster. I have nothing against recommending them (3 in the family) but I have no passion for the car.

PS: I hate the MB combination turn signal and wiper control stalk as well as the cruise on a stalk. Normally I would think grabbing MB parts is good but not in the case of those two.