Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Upcoming 2017 Civic Si

Old 07-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by billios996
Anybody else hoping for a Fit si besides me?
I'd love to see that happen.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by FearlessFife
Originally Posted by billios996' timestamp='1469667001' post='24026703
I'd love to see that happen.
+2...but Honda has no balls currently (gauntlet thrown)- i'm surprised the typeR is actually arriving in the North American market in 2 years.

Fit Si with the turbo 1.5 manual and LSD trans would be tops on my list.

darcy
Old 07-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k' timestamp='1469551480' post='24025362
The older ones were immensely more fun to drive. You were more connected to the car and the car communicated a lot more back to the driver. Additionally, it had a far superior suspension set up to what you'll find on a modern Civic.
Yes, but they also didn't have nearly the fit and finish of the new ones which is what people prefer these days. Times have certainly changed.
The new models have more gadgets and sound deadening, but the older models have superior build quality.

Originally Posted by white98ls
Originally Posted by EastS2k' timestamp='1469573311' post='24025681
if It comes in under 22k would make a pretty interesting daily, but I have a feeling the price will creep into 25-30k range with the turbo which at that point is no longer a good deal. This may be the death of the Si as we know it.
Under $22k? An Integra GS-R was that much 20 years ago. I think $25k base would be a very good deal. A base GTI w/Performance Pkg starts at $27k.
What's so hard to believe? MSRP for a 2015 Civic Si was $22,890. There's absolutely no reason to expect the Si to leap up 15% in pricing.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

For a price increase comparison:

2015 Civic EX Sedan - $21,190
2016 Civic EX Sedan - $21,040

The EX base price actually decreased for 2016. There is a bump up to 22,200 for the EX-T Turbo model but that's still only a $10 increase. Look at how much more you're getting for just $10.

The Civic is as much a bargain in it's segment as it's ever been, especially with all the new tech they're packing in. There's no reason to assume the Si will jump to the high 20's given what pricing has done throughout the Civic lineup.

In fact, if the Si increases by let's say...$1,500, it's still a performance bargain, which is what the Si has always been (or at least aspired to). With the new powerplant & a winning chassis, this may be the best Si we've seen since 2000.

I owned an EM1 and an FA5 (08 Sedan), I'll say that as much as I loved the old B series Hondas, there was a massive leap in refinement & engine technology with the K20. 8200 RPM was still available & other than DBW it was a car I really connected with. If the new Si can hit that level of driving pleasure while outgunning the GTI & other turbo hot hatches...this is going to be a winner for an amazing price.

All this excitement before even thinking about what the Type-R is going to cost.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

How about a K20 in an EM1
Old 07-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billios996

Same. I've been waiting so long for this, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a *dun dun dun* Fiesta ST. SAVE ME HONDA!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsoop
Originally Posted by billios996' timestamp='1469667001' post='24026703

Same. I've been waiting so long for this, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a *dun dun dun* Fiesta ST. SAVE ME HONDA!
The Fiesta ST is fantastic car, there's good reason it has won more global awards than any other car since debuting in 2013. If you need Honda to save you from buying a Fiesta ST then move along...

P.S. Keep on dreaming if you think Honda will offer a Fit Si. They never have before, why would they now ?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious, have you lived with a Fiesta, or just read about it? I have a Fit, my gf has a Fiesta. What I'm after in the ST is the extra horsepower, decent manual, and better suspension. As an actual day to day car, the Fiesta isn't that great. The back seats/trunk are quite cramped and don't even come close to the Fit, comparing interior space with the seats folded down is downright silly, outward visibility is unbelievably better in the Fit, and the console layout, although recently much improved, is still garbage. Also, at 60k miles, her dual clutch is going to shit, even though we've babied the thing There's a reason the Fit wins out over the Fiesta in almost every comparo in every major publication

I also don't see the correlation in something currently not existing, therefore it will never exist. It took multiple generations before the Civic Si showed up, and a few more before the type R showed up. Just because a sportier variant doesn't show up in Gen 1, doesn't therefore mean it CAN'T happen. Honda engineers have shown interest in building a sportier Fit, it just needs approval from the bean counters.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:51 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I spent some time driving a Fiesta ST and Focus ST back to back. The Fiesta was more "spritely" but the Focus had the room to live with.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsoop
Curious, have you lived with a Fiesta, or just read about it? I have a Fit, my gf has a Fiesta. What I'm after in the ST is the extra horsepower, decent manual, and better suspension. As an actual day to day car, the Fiesta isn't that great. The back seats/trunk are quite cramped and don't even come close to the Fit, comparing interior space with the seats folded down is downright silly, outward visibility is unbelievably better in the Fit, and the console layout, although recently much improved, is still garbage. Also, at 60k miles, her dual clutch is going to shit, even though we've babied the thing There's a reason the Fit wins out over the Fiesta in almost every comparo in every major publication

I also don't see the correlation in something currently not existing, therefore it will never exist. It took multiple generations before the Civic Si showed up, and a few more before the type R showed up. Just because a sportier variant doesn't show up in Gen 1, doesn't therefore mean it CAN'T happen. Honda engineers have shown interest in building a sportier Fit, it just needs approval from the bean counters.
Yes, I own an Oxford White 2015 ST along with a 2016 GT350 TP and a 2004 X50 996T Cab. I think I can provide a good measuring stick as to the ST's abilities. I don't use my ST as a daily driver so space is not a concern for me. We have an Odyssey and truck for family duties.

You are now comparing your girlfriends non-ST Fiesta to a Fit, I thought we were talking ST as it's a whole different beast. The ST is an enthusiast car and was designed in Germany as such with everything else secondary. Honda has no comparable to the FiST. If you are looking for a boring, mundane subcompact that is truly practical then a new Fit is a better choice than any Fiesta, that's no secret.

The current Fit looks like a wet turd, total abomination from a styling standpoint and the excellent driving dynamics were left behind with the last generation as well.

I will stand by my word that a Fit Si is a lofty dream with current day Honda.

Quick Reply: Upcoming 2017 Civic Si