Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Undecided 08 s2k or 08 Accord Coupe ex-l v6 MT

Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

s2000 = driving bliss
accord = practicality

if you are fine with the s2000 in bad weather, have a short commute, have no kids, and can deal with limited trunk/cargo space, the s2000 is perfectly fine as a dd. btw, unless you want a cr model, there's no reason to get an 08 when 07's or even slightly used 07's (leased cars) can easily knock of several thousand off the sticker price.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by shotiable,Apr 19 2008, 09:12 PM
ok... i dont mean to sound harsh. but they're two different cars. i'm gonna get flamed for this but IMO the accord is an old man's car... its more for utility. if you wanna go fast and have fun go with the s2000. you know? listen to your inner kid... pick the sports car but yeah like previously stated, the choice is ultimately yours.

don't kid yourself, you know you want the s2000. thats why you came to the s2000 forums to ask people. you're seeking other people's approval and encouragement of getting the s2000!
Gotta agree here, but I wouldn't single out the Accord as purely an old man's car. More like a common every day car sensible and practical people drive.

This guy definitely is fighting between being practical, and just treating himself to what he really wants. The S2000 will take some getting used to. It's loud, bumpy, crammed, and really meant as a fun sports car. I can't imagine owning one as my only car and year round commuter. It's definintely not a great daily driver for most, but if you decide you can handle it, and it won't bother you, then GO FOR IT!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

[QUOTE=S2K-DJ,Apr 19 2008, 09:56 PM] The S2000 will take some getting used to. It's loud, bumpy, crammed, and really meant as a fun sports car. I can't imagine owning one as my only car and year round commuter. It's definintely not a great daily driver for most, but if you decide you can handle it, and it won't bother you, then GO FOR IT!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K-DJ,Apr 19 2008, 09:56 PM
Gotta agree here, but I wouldn't single out the Accord as purely an old man's car. More like a common every day car sensible and practical people drive.

This guy definitely is fighting between being practical, and just treating himself to what he really wants. The S2000 will take some getting used to. It's loud, bumpy, crammed, and really meant as a fun sports car. I can't imagine owning one as my only car and year round commuter. It's definintely not a great daily driver for most, but if you decide you can handle it, and it won't bother you, then GO FOR IT!!!
its not that hard to live with if your daily commute isnt that long. its really a fun car but yes, its not by any means practical. s2k_dj is right, its loud, bumpy, cramped and theres no room in the trunk for dead bodies (thats a joke) i have one as a DD year round since i'm just a kid by everyone's standards. (poor college student here) so i only have one car. its fun to drive, not hard to live with every day, gas milage is pretty damn decent for a sports car. it REALLY depends on what you want. but for everyone's sanity, dont go with something you dont want, then regret it later.

**listen to the kid in you**
**you know you wanna get that s2000**

Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 PM

I live in Chicago, too and I wouldnt get the S it if it's going to be your only car. Do people do it? Yes. Would I do it? No! I would either just buy the Accord or I'd get the S2000 and a beater for the winter. You'll destroy your S within a year or two if you're planning to daily drive it. And with the roads during winter and espeially after winter, and constructoin 24/7/365 your suspension will be messed up very quickly.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 PM

I don't know... Honestly, I'd say get the practical one. Sounds like you're caught between practical and carefree. If it's you're only car and you need practicality, get the Accord. The S might be fun and all, but you won't be carrying much with it.

You'll get the sports car feel, but that won't help when it's snowing outside and you can't give your family or friends a lift or go to Costco.

If anything, what about a beater car and an S?

I'm pretty impractical, but I'd still look long and hard into usability considering the weather and driving.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 PM

I'm selling my perfectly fine 06 Civic for an 03 s2k... so I can't really help you in terms of practicality, haha

Oh, and I live in the Chicago area and it's still a toss-up with what I'm going to do in the winter. But I'm not worrying about it yet.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Apollo,Apr 19 2008, 10:51 PM

If anything, what about a beater car and an S?
This is really what it comes down to. I'm glad I have my pick up for the nasty weather a few months out of the year. The S won't hurt your status with the ladies either if thats a consideration for you. Women like fun guy's more then practical ones in my experience, or at least they put out more anyway.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:27 AM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

If you are buying it for you alone and haven't got a family to worry about the S2000 with dedicated snow tires on all 4's is very capable in snow;just don't slam the car on springs

A hardtop only inhances the pleasure when the cold winds start to come in in November

Now if there is more than one in the household the Accord is the way to go.I recently drove an MY08 V6-6sp coupe and it is suprisingly quick..

There are 3 locally (Accord EX-V6 6sp's) offered for 27K including the Blue one that entertained me a couple of Saturdays ago
Old 04-20-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 20 2008, 01:05 AM
This is really what it comes down to. I'm glad I have my pick up for the nasty weather a few months out of the year. The S won't hurt your status with the ladies either if thats a consideration for you. Women like fun guy's more then practical ones in my experience, or at least they put out more anyway.
not to sound like an ass, but it's pretty sad if a guy needs to use a car to pick up chicks

Quick Reply: Undecided 08 s2k or 08 Accord Coupe ex-l v6 MT