Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: Tundra vs. Tacoma
Tundra
52.17%
Tacoma
47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Tundra vs. Tacoma

Old 09-10-2003, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothin much same ol same ol shit different toilet. thats pretty sweet that your a moderator now!!!!! and your ppd is freakin way hi!! how is your miata doin...you still have it right!? is that your girl in the avatar?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Miata's still running strong. I'm getting a new clutch shortly. The girl in the pic is a friend of mine back in Jersey that we took this weekend when I was back that way.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:20 PM

Coo man well i wil see ya around take it easy
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 AM

spa your losing, hahahahahahah :smile:
Old 09-15-2003, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Elistan
And assuming that a Tacoma S-Runner with the TRD supercharger can handle towing an S2000, I don't see any need to look at any other truck.
Caution, I would be very careful towing an S2000 on a full trailer behind a Tacoma. It has nothing to do with Toyota, it has everything to do with the numbers, they just are not there. Most anybody who tows will tell ya, you only want to tow about 75% of what the truck is rated at. Trust me, it ain't no fun to have the tail of the dog wag the dog!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Toyota rates the Tacoma as capable of towing 5000lbs with a specific towing package - with 75% being 3750lbs, it should be good for a trailer with an S2000, right? But then, Toyota says the S-Runner is only good for 3500lbs, which doesn't appear to cut the mustard... Too bad the S-Runner is the only one of the bunch actually fun to drive.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:18 AM

Yea, the Taco with the towing package would be a beefy 4x4, and then it is right there close at 75% like you said. If one had big hills to deal with and did the towing often, I think the Taco is too small. A few times a year, in non-hilly environments, a Taco might handle it. Clearly the Tundra would be a better choice, but then again that is a larger truck and not the right fit for some people.

I have been round and round and round on this issue. I have driven a truck as my daily driver for the past 10 years and I have come to really love them. I finally decided on the Titan for many reasons, now I'm just waiting on my '95 Nissan 4x4 Hardbody to die, and I just keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting....
Old 09-26-2003, 09:31 PM

I towed w/ my old 4Runner at sig. below it's 5K lb. capacity, and it felt strained climbing grades and passing. I told myself that it was V8's only for future trucks after that. I barely even notice the same loads w/ the Tundra.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:26 PM

TUNDRA TUNDRA TUNDRA. If you are an adult you will like the tunda better. I have owned both! The tundra got better gas milage,plenty of room for me & my lady,smoke the tires,20mpg---not 15mpg TACO v6,pulled my trailer with 2 lawn mowers like it was nothing! If you want a full size check out the SIERRA (GMC) I think you would like it. I had a 5.3L 2wd sierra and I loved it! If you want a beast get a GMC with a duramax. My uncle has one and it is the most powerful truck I have ever driven. Hypertech programmer,and K&N flpk. PULL A HOUSE!!! Best of luck! and dont think that US trucks cant compete. The only US truck that doesnt is the DODGE. They drink gas and the trannys are no good.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:09 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Elistan
They're too big, heavy, inefficient, difficult to park, and just plain un-fun to drive often.
QuadraSteer!

I've got one and I love it. Super easy to park, tows our horse trailer or our loaded 20' enclosed racecar trailer much faster than we should be towing. 17mpg around town and over 10mpg at over 80 with the racecar behind it.

Quick Reply: Tundra vs. Tacoma