Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

TSX- what you guys think?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ks320,Aug 22 2008, 09:15 PM
I have to disagree that TSX isn't a more luxurious version of the Accord. What you said basically said the European Accord (TSX) is a nicer version of the US Accord:

"European Accord with an updated interior as "Acura TSX" in the US."

At the end, my whole point is that the TSX is just an Accord -- TL is not an Accord. The Accord and TSX both share the same platform.
AFAIK, the US Honda Accord and Acura TL share the same exact platform (Honda's Global Mid-size platform).. the latest Accord / TL maybe based on a new platform considering they are rated as full-sized sedans now though. The TL and USDM Accord generally share a lot in common though.

The USDM Honda Accord, and Acura TL are built side by side on the same assembly line in Marysville, Ohio.

The TSX / Euro Accord are also built on the Global Mid-Size platform. The TSX really is the Euro Accord with some extra options to make it more luxurious, but the exteriors are the same (except for that god awful grill on the new TSX).

So if you're nit-picking, they're all built on the same "platform" with modifications. There's a few other Hondas that are built on this platform as well.

You might say the TSX is a rebadged Euro Accord, while the TL is a "luxury" version of the USDM Accord.

Anyways, its really off topic to the OP.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mother,Aug 22 2008, 10:10 AM
If I was taking it to the slopes, I'd be looking at something all wheel drive. Perhaps an STi or an R32. Either one would give you more room but you'd still have something fun too.
get an R32 my friend has one realy fun car
Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 PM

IMO, you shoulda get the AUDI A3 for some pretty darn good reason.

1. Dual clutch!!!! you can downshift rev match like the new GT-R. This car is really underrated.

2. 4 doors and can definitely carry your boards. Wagon style trunk. But it is a hatch/wagon. I saw a dropped A3 on some mesh wheels.. look really sick. And for some reason Audi looks really nice with mesh wheels haha.

3. Turbo audi are nice.. and you can fix it up.

28K dude... I'd take Audi A3 over TSX any day.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 PM

Another vote for Subaru for a winter DD/snowy mountains.Check out the Legacy GT Spec-B.Turbo boxer engine, stick only, AWD, bilstein shocks.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a Civic Si, it's got a LSD (rare on a FWD car) and it really screws.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 PM

If you havent test drive the A3, please do, you will not be disappointed
Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=hicabi,Aug 22 2008, 10:54 PM]

What I wrote:
"European Accord with an updated interior as "Acura TSX" in the US."

What you understood:
"What you said basically said the European Accord (TSX) is a nicer version of the US Accord"

To the contrary, I say that US Accord is not related to Acura TSX. But Acura TL
Old 08-23-2008, 02:31 PM

That's exactly why I wrote my initial post. TSX is NOT a dressed up US Accord, although it may look like that...

TSX (and European Accord) is smaller, a lot more agile, and better handling. It only comes with a high revving 4 cylinder engine.

TL and US Accord are significantly larger, big enough to accommodate a V6 (which comes with torque steer issues, at least in early years) and not nearly as agile and balanced as TSX.

Resemblance between the US Accord and TSX is only skin deep. Handling, feel, ride are very different. And it seems that I have trouble communicating this through...
Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a TSX as a DD and it is perfect for that purpose. Great car with no problems.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2009 model is also great. friend just bought one. pretty nice. no headache.

Quick Reply: TSX- what you guys think?