Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Traded up

Old 11-21-2004, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post a review of your car...I have been thinking about getting my girl one as she doesn't like a mans car either (read= a manual tranny).
Old 11-21-2004, 02:01 PM

derryck

Ouch man..that cut me deep.

CK

I would worry if the warranty were cut but its longer than hondas 45months/50k
Old 11-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Banned

How much? Any incentives?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Well the incentive was having one of the first few in the country, so no discount I paid MSRP+options. which is better than I got with my S. when I got my S some dealers were charging MSRP +10K I got mine for MSRP + 2.5 k
the slk55 with tax was 66k out the door
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ckcrigger,Nov 21 2004, 12:43 AM
My wife and I were driving and we saw what looked like SL tails. But one of the lights was fu(&ed up and steady bright on one side. Got closer and it pulled to the side of the road... White 2005 SLK with temp plates... and already electrical problems.

Lovely looking car and drives well from the reviews... hope the Chrysler influence isn't too strong.... car looks sweet.
Mercedes already had big time electrical gremlins before the whole chrysler deal came along. Mercedes is by no means a super reliable car. Just look at the facts.
Great cars, yes. Very reliable, no.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krovvy,Nov 21 2004, 03:42 PM
Well the incentive was having one of the first few in the country, so no discount I paid MSRP+options. which is better than I got with my S. when I got my S some dealers were charging MSRP +10K I got mine for MSRP + 2.5 k
the slk55 with tax was 66k out the door
Congrats! I don't know how you guys keep managing to get MSRP for new cars, esp. cars in demand. I recently priced a C6 coupe and the dealer was asking $69K for it. MSRP was supposed to be mid-$40's. I mean, I didn't even how to begin to negotiate at that point.

Was yours stickered for like $80K or something, then you negotiated? The markups of new cars in demand are just crazy.

Very sweet car, btw! Looks very expensive too.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on one of the best looking cars on the road. I saw my first one a few days ago a girl or lady was driving it. She stared at me....sorta like hey I have a roadster too! Very nice although the rear looked different in person then in the pictures i have seen. If I had the cash i'd be all over this car.

That is one sexy car. I love the color you got Whats the color called. AMG just sick!

Congrats....I agree one hundred percent You traded up big time!

Well i'm working on some business ventures and its post like this which make me work harder!

Lots of luck and I hope your back heals!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:31 PM

O. D.
I went to a good dealer. I talked to the montgomery dealer first and the guy would'nt talk price and was so sleazy I felt like I needed a shower after I talked to him. Went to Crown in Birmingham, great guys no B.S. salesman said new model, MSRP no more no less. very nice guys called a lot to give me info zero sales pressure.

Italian
The color is called firemist red,Ilove it to
thanks for the good wishes. I had surgery in July. I still have a little pain but I'm much better than before the surgery.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:34 PM
NTB

Originally Posted by osu s2k,Nov 21 2004, 12:05 PM
"My wife and I were driving and we saw what looked like SL tails. But one of the lights was fu(&ed up and steady bright on one side. Got closer and it pulled to the side of the road... White 2005 SLK with temp plates... and already electrical problems.

Lovely looking car and drives well from the reviews... hope the Chrysler influence isn't too strong.... car looks sweet. "

This is the rear fog light option that most u.s. cars do not have, owner probably didnt know how to work it!!
Most of the German cars come with a rear fog light and this is what you saw. MB, Audi and BMW all have this.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:04 PM

very gorgeous car
now i wanna see it topless

Quick Reply: Traded up