Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Track session: ZR1 versus GT3 RS

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [DT
;20630735]Nice! Hahaha, that was a no-shifting torque-o-rama
hahhahahhahhaha that made my day
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Thanks guys. I'm on the stock PS2 runflats. It's actually a pretty good tire. Michelin is coming out with a new sport cup that will fit the ZR1, so I will try that out next. It's a non runflat too which may make the pretty good ride even better.

The RS was on the stock sport cups, though in less than 3k miles, he's on his second set! He's having fun with the car obviously. He's done a sharkwerks bypass and full harness bar/6-point which I need. My left elbow and left knee were raw at the end of the track day since I bracing off the door. Probably a little more speed to be picked up if I'm not spending some effort to keep from falling out of the crappy stock seat.

I'd like the HUD and other instrumentation on the screen too, just not quite there yet with the technology. I got a GoPro mounted to the helmet and it's easy. May do a traqmate or something like that down the road.
That's pretty awesome. It seems like those tires have some amazing grip for run flats.

Yeah, the harness will help a lot. The viper I'm getting has a 6 point installed, looking forward to that on track. I have driven/ridden in a couple of cars with harnesses and it's night and day compared to flopping around with a stock seat belt! The evo had pretty nice seats, but a harness would of been nice.

Car is awesome. Keep it rubber side down! More vids!

edit: by the way, while searching for acr vids and info I found this thread by you a while ago:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...cr-or-zr1.html

it digressed into a typical forum pissing match, but was pretty entertaining.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
That's pretty awesome. It seems like those tires have some amazing grip for run flats.
I was actually a little shocked that the tires hadn't been upgraded. RF technology has come a _long_ way since my first set.

Yeah, the harness will help a lot. The viper I'm getting has a 6 point installed, looking forward to that on track. I have driven/ridden in a couple of cars with harnesses and it's night and day compared to flopping around with a stock seat belt! The evo had pretty nice seats, but a harness would of been nice.
I ran a couple of Roebling events within a month or two, the later one only had the addition of a BK bar/harnesses (and camera) but I easily found another 1.5/2 seconds not having to hold on the steering wheel (and my left/outside knee escaped being beat up )

Really? No way?! Controversy? Magazine drivers? Not on the CF...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 AM

nice video. My favorite parts were when you hit some traffic and passed them like they were standing still.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

edit: by the way, while searching for acr vids and info I found this thread by you a while ago:

Yeah, I remember that CF thread. Good luck with your ACR. I like the overall dual nature (can be nice DD and track weapon) of the ZR1, but for a mostly track/fun car, the ACR is hard to beat. The ACR is faster on the track too with equal drivers over the ZR1 and I readily acknowledge that. I wouldn't be disappointed if I had gotten an ACR instead of the ZR1, but I was happy with the deal I got on the ZR1 and I've obviously been a Corvette guy for a while, so I just stuck with it for now.

I definitely need a six-point or at least a much better seat installed. Probably both. My left knee and elbow would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM

Sick video and nice driving!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' timestamp='1306852505' post='20633568

Yeah, I remember that CF thread. Good luck with your ACR. I like the overall dual nature (can be nice DD and track weapon) of the ZR1, but for a mostly track/fun car, the ACR is hard to beat. The ACR is faster on the track too with equal drivers over the ZR1 and I readily acknowledge that. I wouldn't be disappointed if I had gotten an ACR instead of the ZR1, but I was happy with the deal I got on the ZR1 and I've obviously been a Corvette guy for a while, so I just stuck with it for now.

I definitely need a six-point or at least a much better seat installed. Probably both. My left knee and elbow would greatly appreciate it.
Can't go wrong with either one, imo. Hopefully, once I get mine and some time I will have some nice track vids to share too.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 AM

I was in that GT3! That was at Motorsport Ranch last weekend, I guess? I was the yellow S2K in the novice group. Anyways, Alex, the guy who owns the GT3 was my instructor, and I was able to ride with him in that session.

Awesome guy, and great video.

Funny enough, a fellow S2K owner, Dave was my brother's instructor. Small world.

quickAG - Fightin Class of?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Keatre
I was in that GT3! That was at Motorsport Ranch last weekend, I guess? I was the yellow S2K in the novice group. Anyways, Alex, the guy who owns the GT3 was my instructor, and I was able to ride with him in that session.

Awesome guy, and great video.

Funny enough, a fellow S2K owner, Dave was my brother's instructor. Small world.

quickAG - Fightin Class of?
How funny! Yeah, I definitely saw you and your yellow S2k. I was in the covered area right across from where you parked. Alex had nice things to say about your driving and that you were improving each session. I recall him saying it was the first time he had been in an S2000 and he enjoyed it.

Come say hi next time and I'll try to do the same. I'm Class of '99. You?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Can't go wrong with either one, imo. Hopefully, once I get mine and some time I will have some nice track vids to share too.
Agreed. Look forward to seeing your vids!

Quick Reply: Track session: ZR1 versus GT3 RS