Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Toyota's 5.0L V10

Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota's 5.0L V10

Google Translation:

The Toyota Motor Corporation with Tokyo motor show, released the concept model of the V type 10 cylinder engine which is loaded onto rec suspension " LF-A ". It does not announce the accurate aerodynamic volume displacement and output yet, but below the aerodynamic volume displacement 5.0L, the highest output 500ps (the 373kW) above. As for bank angle at 72 degrees, as for the LF-A this engine is loaded onto the front.

One Tsuga of the reason which is made the V10, holding down engine length if possible, in order for us to like to designate helicopter loading site as rear side. The heavy engine the front axis compared to could be loaded onto rear by holding down also size of the engine to the V8. Because also smoothness only of the rec suspension is required simultaneously, the V10 whose torque fluctuation is little in the V12 was selected. In order to hold down the wobble turning vibration, you say the mount and the like is improved.

There was also a rumor that you adopt the magnetic valve, but because weight ones ride on, as for adoption you waived. To the last you say by the fact that until recently technology is enhanced, you aim toward high output. The development person in charge of the LF-A, " the firearm without using, being the straight ball ど middle, that you have a match ". By the way, with the screen which is installed in the meeting place it can hear the sound which is in the midst of travelling.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/EVENT...9881/%3FST%3DAT
Old 10-20-2005, 02:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that is one light supercar they plan to introduce b/c with just 500 at the crank and surely a low torque rating I see the Z06 tail lights in this engine's future.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:21 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by My R2,Oct 20 2005, 02:43 AM
I hope that is one light supercar they plan to introduce b/c with just 500 at the crank and surely a low torque rating I see the Z06 tail lights in this engine's future.
Even though I am one of the biggest proponents of the Z06, if this motor is in a similar weight chassis as the Z06, and has the correct high rpm powerband and perfect gearing, it could give a Z06 a run for the money.

Though, I imagine this motor and the car attached to it will be well in excess of $65k and probably go more for GT status to try to explain away the excessive weight.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:42 AM

lovely motor, its missing two things though, a chassis and the 65K price tag. But those are only minor details.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:59 AM

It would be pretty smokin' if it stayed looking like that in whatever car it may or may not be destined for.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:16 PM

The new Lexus supercar won't be $65K! Even the current SC430 is near that price already. The new supercar would be well over $100K to expand the company's image.

I know you guys are saying $65K to stay competitive with the new Z06, but then again, almost all other high-end sports cars are much more expensive than the Z06 already. They don't have to cost the same because they are in different markets. A Lexus supercar will not cost the same as a modified Chevrolet Corvette. One might as well start saying the same thing with the other high-end sports cars.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

i dont know why you guys are holding your breath for everyone to compete with the z06. the z06 is an automotive fluke. it is way too much car for the price. but its not like everyone is just going to start buying them either.

as long as there are ferraris and bmws and mercedes and etc etc etc, the japanese cars will have plenty to compete with.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Let's just say the Z06 will be competing against LF-A, but the LF-A won't be competing against Z06. Most likely it will be competing against the likes of the Gallardo, Ford GT, new NSX,and F430. Imagine getting the performance of a F430 but being able to service it at a Lexus dealership and cost a whole lot less. I know it didn't work for Acura with the NSX, but we will see if they changed anything to help people believe there is such a thing as a Japanese super car.

Sam
Old 10-20-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Oct 20 2005, 03:34 PM
i dont know why you guys are holding your breath for everyone to compete with the z06. the z06 is an automotive fluke. it is way too much car for the price. but its not like everyone is just going to start buying them either.
Even the C5 Z06 had excellent performance for the money already, but that didn't prevent people from buying M3, Boxster, and many other cars that offered less performance (even for more $$). It didn't mean everyone was buying up the C5 Z06.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Purple_sky,Oct 20 2005, 03:16 PM
The new Lexus supercar won't be $65K! Even the current SC430 is near that price already. The new supercar would be well over $100K to expand the company's image.
Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are all looking to build a GT-ish car in the 100k+ market.

Quick Reply: Toyota's 5.0L V10