Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Top Gear USA Canned

Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Americans want motorweek. (LOL, Sux)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aerodax,Feb 6 2009, 11:33 AM
So what you're saying is that per capita, Americans know less about cars then people from X Y or Z country? You're joking right? Please tell me you're not that short sighted.
I would have to agree slightly with EVAN.

Although I do not believe that Americans as a whole know less about cars then X, Y, or Z country. We just like to be much more close minded as a whole then other countries IMO.

Americans love Americans and the American way sometimes to their disadvantage. We still have too many people in this country that do not and will not respect a manufacturer that does not have the "Made in the USA" stamp on them.

I get it all the time where I work. I work with truckers and construction workers that for the most part all drive domestic. Not that there is anything wrong with that but when they see what I drive they laugh at it and say things like "why would you buy that jap made crap when you could have had an F-150 or Tahoe" (BTW sorry for the mention of a racial slur, just telling you what they say)

I think there is far too many Americans with this view point
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k,Feb 6 2009, 11:24 AM

Although I do not believe that Americans as a whole know less about cars then X, Y, or Z country. We just like to be much more close minded as a whole then other countries IMO.

Americans love Americans and the American way sometimes to their disadvantage. We still have too many people in this country that do not and will not respect a manufacturer that does not have the "Made in the USA" stamp on them.

I get it all the time where I work. I work with truckers and construction workers that for the most part all drive domestic. Not that there is anything wrong with that but when they see what I drive they laugh at it and say things like "why would you buy that jap made crap when you could have had an F-150 or Tahoe" (BTW sorry for the mention of a racial slur, just telling you what they say)

It goes both ways.

I live in SoCal and you find more people here with the "Domestics are crap" attitude then anywhere else in this country I'd bet. Mostly from the Asian community. Ironic isn't it?

I'm wondering, do you think we have more or less people employed by car companies, mechanics, and other auto industry jobs when compared with other countries per capita?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM

... maybe he was joking...

yeah right.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM

I thought NBC canned it because people didnt like knight rider.. Their thinking was that Americans do not like car shows much because they didnt like knight rider..
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k,Feb 6 2009, 11:24 AM

Well said.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerodax,Feb 6 2009, 10:33 AM
So what you're saying is that per capita, Americans know less about cars then people from X Y or Z country? You're joking right? Please tell me you're not that short sighted.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM

It all comes down to demand after all. They determined that the majority of us are not going to be interested in watching the program and I think they are right on sadly....
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think what clarkson meant was that most americans don't get the concept of top gear and the humor pertaining to that show. i'm sure most americans want car shows to be informative and comparative. fifth gear america would had been a better potential success. top gear is just purely entertainment, and different cultures have different tastes in entertainment.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, and welcome to...Motorweek.

Today we'll be examining the classic five liter muscle V8 in Ford's Iconic and famous Mustang. We'll be smelling the cylinder linings and feeling the orange peel with our tongues.

Stay tuned, don't change that dial and enjoy these wonderful moving pictures of us driving these road going American muscle touring cars at 15mph. If you stick around, you'll even get to see our intern get in and out of the car.

No, no skimpy dressed fine American college women here. We'll have Bob the geeky intern show you the Ins, and the outs of every thread sewn in the interior. You'll watch as he attempts to show you unimportant things of this exciting car. Bob also films the fantastic zoom in and zoom out effects while playing 80s techno because we that you know, that I know you'll be playing it in the vehicle for years to come.

So come with me, hop inside and lets get excited!

Quick Reply: Top Gear USA Canned