Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

ticketed for drag racing

Old 11-16-2011, 05:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ticketed for drag racing

figured i might get some mature responses in here. trying to see what are my options. basically i got a citation for spectating drag racing. i figured i would just go to court plead not guilty and the next time the cop probably wont show up and so the ticket would be dismissed. I called the number on the ticket to see what was the fine amount and it said this ticket requires mandatory court appearance. that kinda got me worried.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is spectating drag racing? Were you just watching?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yea i was just passing by because i heard there was a car show going on and next thing i know 10-20 cops blocked the roads and pretty much every car that looked like a "sport car" got a ticket. passengers and drivers....
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
figured i might get some mature responses in here. trying to see what are my options. basically i got a citation for spectating drag racing. i figured i would just go to court plead not guilty and the next time the cop probably wont show up and so the ticket would be dismissed. I called the number on the ticket to see what was the fine amount and it said this ticket requires mandatory court appearance. that kinda got me worried.
nevermind I googled it. sounds like BS to me; depends on what you were doing and if the cop shows up I guess. Given that you weren't actually driving, and assuming you weren't really participating other than watching, then you might be able to wiggle your way out...
if you were blocking the road or something like that, I'd guess you're f'd.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to schedule a meeting with the prosecuter before the trial. Explain what you just said above and try get the charges lowered. The prosecuter will usually work with you, especially if you were just watching. The cop will show up, they almost always do.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:33 PM

Personally, I'd hire a lawyer. The ol' "the cop won't show up" is wrong more times that right.

dombey ... sending you a PM ... no it's not for shirtless pics ...
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Whoabitchin
You need to schedule a meeting with the prosecuter before the trial. Explain what you just said above and try get the charges lowered. The prosecuter will usually work with you, sometimes not. The cop will show up, they almost always do.
"henry swanson is my name, and excitement is my game..."
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM

I wouldn't be worried just because it says court appearance required. Thats common at least in NJ.
I'd see how many points that ticketis. If it's no points or low, speak to the prosecutor and hope for the best.

If youve got a bad record or it's a lot of points, lawyer up
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by [DT
;21162703]Personally, I'd hire a lawyer. The ol' "the cop won't show up" is wrong more times that right.

dombey ... sending you a PM ... no it's not for shirtless pics ...
I've had enough shirtless pics for the day, unfortunately...
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get a ticket for "spectating drag racing" (which is a crime in some places) or did you get a ticket for "drag racing"?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW

Quick Reply: ticketed for drag racing