Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Thoughts on The New Si 4-Door.....

Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

I think it's a great car for a DD and family car. Too small for my taste but it's great for general use.

Honestly, though, I'd take an Accord in that price range. Should be able to get a pretty nice one for that kind of money. They're marked down well under invoice right now - $2K, maybe?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Really? The new Civics look pretty big on the inside (wonder how the total volume compares to the Accord?). The Accord's just so damn boring to drive. I'd take the Si any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And, I agree with the above, why settle for a boring car even if it is your DD when a funner car can be had for similar $$$? Might was well have a little fun on the commute or trip to the store, IMO. I just wish the Si came as a wagon... That would be much more appealing to me.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 AM
.MM

the SI gearbox is like butter, even smoother than an s2k, not short throw like s2k, but smoother

have you even driven a new si?

i have 2 friends with new si 4 doors and i envy the smooth gearbox

SI + short throw would rock
Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by bjohnston,Apr 18 2007, 09:07 AM
^ Really? The new Civics look pretty big on the inside (wonder how the total volume compares to the Accord?). The Accord's just so damn boring to drive. I'd take the Si any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And, I agree with the above, why settle for a boring car even if it is your DD when a funner car can be had for similar $$$? Might was well have a little fun on the commute or trip to the store, IMO. I just wish the Si came as a wagon... That would be much more appealing to me.
Really. The Civic is very refined for its class the but Accord is just a better overall package for my situation.

I have a young daughter with a big car seat, so rear seat legroom is a big deal to me, as well as width between the front seats (arm room). The Accord is easily better in both those areas. With a larger, more usable trunk and strong fuel mileage (especially highway driving, which we do a lot of), it's an easy decision for me. It's a boring car (compared to a Civic Si) but it's as good or better than just about anything in the sub-$25K class.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 AM

I'll take your word for it (size), though my neighbor's Civic looks to be about as big inside as our old '03 Accord. I was pretty impressed with the amount of room (though I still don't like the dash design).
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic!

I salute Honda for getting this to market, it's sort of like the rare E36 M3 Sedan, or a really poor man's M5. There are lots of peope out there who have families or jobs that make them drive 4-doors, but who really want a fun spirited ride for when they are not taking on the role of transported, for those people this Si is a fantastic option. If I had to drive a 4-door sedan this would be at the top of my list of rides to consider.

There is only one reason I can think of to not like this car, and that would be because of these cars. Now if Honda was really smart they would give us these 2 body styles, because if I had to have a 4-door, I would much prefer the grey one on the left, but dressed up a bit more like the yellow one on the right. Silly Honda, thinks we don't want hatchbacks...

Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Type R 4-door hatchback would be awesome! Of course, they make the 4-door Civic sedan Type R in Japan, which is almost as good.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Accord = more groceries.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

great choice for a small performance sedan, with alot of interior room and practicality. decent performance, legendary honda reliability and not bad on the eyes(do not like the decals though). nice package.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

With the price of gas and how it keeps going up, I think hatchbacks are primed for a comeback in the US. That new hatchback looks awesome especially in Type-R form....way better than the ugly hatch EP3.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on The New Si 4-Door.....