Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Thoughts On New Legacy Gt

Old 07-23-2004, 09:23 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I think it's a pretty cool car - a Legacy STi would be killer.

And Dong Tran - love that pic in your sig.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mvf4s,Jul 23 2004, 06:52 AM
love the GT. they should have really made a 300hp version to compete witht the g35x.

bring me the Blitzen!
I read a subi ad that claimed 0-60 in 5.9sec for the outback with the same engine and a MT. If that number holds up, it's just as fast as a G35x, the G35x only comes with a AT and is mid $30Ks while the turbo Legacy starts at $25K.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Mom has had Outbacks for as long as they have been making them and Legacy Wagons before that. I'm very impressed with Subaru and let me tell ya, every time they come out with a new generation of Legacy they really do a great job improving it.

The interior of the new '05 is top notch. Fit, finish and the feel of the controls are on a level superior to a C Class Mercedes.

The new GT has some great get up and go, and let me just say, if you have never driven a Scubie with Ice and Snow tires in the winter, you have no idea of their true potential. Amazing, just down right freegin sick!

Go take one for a test drive and report back here on Monday. I suspect if you do you will be sporting one of these
Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM

Been shopping for new cars for the past 2 months so the LegacyGT was on my list.Personally was not impressed at all.The interior is OK but the Quality fit and finish was not.Stiching coming undone trim not secure and the headliner is 70's cloth.Acura TL eats it for lunch.Power was still usuall turbo lag and 5 speed well just plain sucks.My past test drives have been 2004 audi s4 torque,seats to die for and classy inteior.04 m3 sweet ride but the pull on the s4 has it beat,04 acura tl great bang for buck,nice power good gas milage.For the money the tl is the one but I'm buying a c6 vette coupe cause I need 400- 400.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Acura I can see, buy you're comparing the Legacy to an S4 and M3?

I hear the RR Phantom kicks the Legacy's ass too
Old 07-23-2004, 09:26 PM

MMMMM.... Subaru
Old 07-24-2004, 12:59 AM

someone post some pics of inside and outside please...

...as well as engine bay, if you can find them.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mindcore,Jul 24 2004, 07:45 AM
The Acura I can see, buy you're comparing the Legacy to an S4 and M3?

I hear the RR Phantom kicks the Legacy's ass too
.Subaru is doing a lot of boasting about this new car and I did'nt see it.I believe they're add compares them to BMW and Volvo and they are not in the same league.The shifter was horrible and I really did'nt think the power was smooth at all.I checked the new Legacy gt forum and there are a lot of complaints by owners on build quality.The one I drove had plastic molding pieces poping off and threads hanging from the headliner.It drives OK but for the money the Evo is a better deal.It is certainly not a performance sedan and I believe thats what they're implying.Now the s4 /m3/evo/sti are performance sedans and are in the same league performance wise although not all the same in class and build quality.The tl at least has great build quality and I felt the performance was much smoother.The amenities are great,a really great bargain.Maybe they'll fix the GT next year but its not what they're claiming.You're not gonna get it all for 26k, you want a great car your gonna have to pay.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:37 AM

sabaru...? i would kill for a legacy b4.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from the C&D Ride and Drive event. The cars compared were the BMW 325, the Subaru Legacy GT, and the Volvo S60 turbo (and the V70 for the wagon course).
Of the 3, the BMW was my favorite "driving experience". Nice feedback, comfortable ride, linear power delivery (though not a lot of power). Interior was very nice. Biggest drawback was the small back seat.
The Volvo would come in last place. Very soft feel, handling felt like a boat compared to the others. However, the power delivery was very smooth, though there was noticeable torque steer (FWD). The soft ride and supple mid-range torque would make this my choice for a long road-trip, but not any fun for daily driving.
The Subaru would come in somewhere in the middle. The suspension was very enjoyable, and the interior was surprisingly nice. However, the turbo lag was really annoying and the car was weak below 3500 RPM. That would really be my biggest complaint.

Quick Reply: Thoughts On New Legacy Gt