Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Thoughts On New Legacy Gt

Old 07-22-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts On New Legacy Gt

What do u guys think about this car?
i saw a picture in someones signature of a modded legacy , it was SICK =)
anyways what do u guys have to say about this car, any problems it has?
likes dislikes?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunno... ask me again on Saturday. I'm going to the Car and Driver Ride & Drive event and the new Legacy will be featured there.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:05 PM

Wrong forum, but it's an awsome car. That's why I'm buying one.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:08 PM

I like it. They did a nice job on the redesign. Also, it sounds like it is pretty quick.

The one thing that bugs me is, it isn't offered with HID, the McIntosh sound system or the navigation system at this point. Supposedly all that will be offered next year, however.

I looked at the Legacy (and many other cars) before I decided on a S2000. I thought it might be more practical. But if I was getting a practical car, I wanted it to be loaded up with all the gadgets and the Legacy isn't at this point.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:54 PM

I'm waiting for the Legacy STi.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Euclid,Jul 22 2004, 08:05 PM
Wrong forum, but it's an awsome car. That's why I'm buying one.
Mike-Let me know when you get this, I want to check it out.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:12 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Looks nice on TV, havn't seen 1 in person yet. Maybe I'll go by the Subaru dealer today & see if they have 1 to check out.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Jul 22 2004, 09:04 PM
Dunno... ask me again on Saturday. I'm going to the Car and Driver Ride & Drive event and the new Legacy will be featured there.
I went to the C&DA Ride and Drive two weeks ago - It was fun, but basically a Subaru test drive VS BMW and Volvo. I think they even had people from subaru pretending to be readers like the rest of us, because this one guy kept saying really loud how the Subie felt way better than his BMW 330i. I thought the BMW had the best handling - hands down, the Volvo accelerated the fastest, and once the Turbo kicked in the Subie was fast, but I could not tell where the front tires were, the steering was too light and too vague for my taste.

By the way bring a friend (you can register there) as it is Two readers and one 'Pro' driver to each car, one lap, then the reader switches with the other reader. Three cars, three different courses, it does not take much time, but there is nothing like the smell rubber melting off the tires and brake pads glowing - LOL
Old 07-23-2004, 06:52 AM

love the GT. they should have really made a 300hp version to compete witht the g35x.

bring me the Blitzen!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6speed8,Jul 23 2004, 06:35 AM
I went to the C&DA Ride and Drive two weeks ago - It was fun, but basically a Subaru test drive VS BMW and Volvo. I think they even had people from subaru pretending to be readers like the rest of us, because this one guy kept saying really loud how the Subie felt way better than his BMW 330i. I thought the BMW had the best handling - hands down, the Volvo accelerated the fastest, and once the Turbo kicked in the Subie was fast, but I could not tell where the front tires were, the steering was too light and too vague for my taste.

By the way bring a friend (you can register there) as it is Two readers and one 'Pro' driver to each car, one lap, then the reader switches with the other reader. Three cars, three different courses, it does not take much time, but there is nothing like the smell rubber melting off the tires and brake pads glowing - LOL
especially other peeps tires and brakes muaahhahaha

Quick Reply: Thoughts On New Legacy Gt