Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

they bombed pearl harbor.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to resist posting to this thread... but could not. It's funny that many people here countered with argument that the "germans" or the "vikings" or the "XXXXX" did so and so...

Guess we often forget our own transgressions... like slaughtering the indiginous people of this country to begin with. Or you know... that whole slavery thing.

Alot of people from this country like to pound their chest when they talk, but often forget our own past. We talk of what everyone else has done to us but forget what we have done to others.

Perhaps we should all be more introspective and realize no matter what nationality you come from, your ancestors have probably done some pretty reprehensible shI$
Old 02-03-2004, 05:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Quick2K
Another example of hegemonic public will is the fact that it's cool for every minority group known to have at least 25 different clubs and organizations, but the thought of a "normal, tolerant, middle class white man club" is considered beyond consideration because it "implies racism."...
I know what you mean, I don't really get it either. I'm Chinese and have lived in two countries (well three, but I was too young in the first one), and in all three countries, I have been in the minority, so I guess it's not a big deal for me. Still I'm curious why there's this distinction...
Old 02-03-2004, 05:13 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Charles -

I'm busy contacting all the media I can think of in the Seattle area. I want to make that azzhole Spencer suffer.

Next stop: His sponsors.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ccarnel
Tried to resist posting to this thread... but could not.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
I think that speech like Spencers and the "so what" attitude of NASCAR deserves a light shining brightly on it.

I just sent an email to:
Old 02-03-2004, 06:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda606
Old 02-03-2004, 06:44 PM

The Japanese did bomb Pearl Harbor. They were also guilty of committing some of the most horrendous war crimes in history, along with their Nazi partners-in-crime. The attack on Pearl Harbor occurred a little more than half a century ago, so, it may still very well stir up negative feelings among some Americans. My advice to Mr. Spencer is this, take solace in the fact that America barbequed a few thousand Japanese in their own backyard. They attacked the United States of America, their mistake. They were dealt with accordingly. So be it. The war is over now, try to forgive, but never forget. To all you youngin's out there that find this view a little to, "Racist" or "Extreme", think about this. Had we not leveled Hiroshima and Nagasaki, you may not be here today. You Grandfather or Great Grandfather may very well have, and most likely, would have died in a mainland invasion of Japan. Your may father may never have been born, and you would not be here, today, to cruise the S2KI forums.

The United States of America has existed as a nation for a little more than 200 years. In that time Americans have contributed more to the advancement of human rights, technology, science, the arts, etc. than any other country or culture in the history of the world. Have our American ancestors done bad things, sure they have, but the good they have accomplished by far out weighs the bad. People seem to forget that or simply choose to ignore it. Ask yourself why that is.

I find it both frustrating and infuriating when my some of fellow Americans repeatedly condem this great nation of ours. Is it perfect......no. Is there any other nation on this planet that offers more freedom and opportunity, HELL NO! It sounds cliche, but if you are not happy living here, move to another country, like China. The Communist Chinese are big fans on freedom of speech. If you feel so bad about what our ancestors have done, and you simply cannot bear the guilt, donate your paychecks to the NAACP or go live on an Indian reservation.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Uncle Sam
...Is there any other nation on this planet that offers more freedom and opportunity, HELL NO!...
I take it you've lived in several other nations? Care to list them?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:44 PM

Germany
Israel
Kuwait
Japan
Columbia

There's your list PeaceLove&S2k, as requested. Now, can you list any nations that provide more freedom and opportunity than the United States of America?
Old 02-03-2004, 08:01 PM

The current state of affairs seems determined to undermine workers rights, opportunity, and erode societal and individual liberty as much as possible. Maybe it is that we have the perception of both, but the reality of neither. I feel like I have never been less free, nor have I ever been less optimistic for my own future in society. Sure, I am still free, and I have opportunities, but not like I once did. I actually don't think America is very free at all.

Quick2k

Quick Reply: they bombed pearl harbor.