Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

they bombed pearl harbor.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default they bombed pearl harbor.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2004/0201/1725029.html

Old 02-02-2004, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Repost, but I can't express my disdain for this man enough. a real class act, great representative for the sport and NASCAR fans and sponsors. There's no way he'll get sponsorship now, and if he does I'll be sure to NOT support them. The official NASCAR word is "that's just Jimmy"... My official word on NASCAR is that they ought to embrace reality.

Toyota will spank the american trucks, and i'd like to see them do it with Japanese drivers. hell, the Japanese drivers would at least be in shape and that might make a difference considering a lot of American driver (*ahem* JIMMY SPENCER *ahem*) are way out of shape...*EDIT*.

Of course, I support his right to say it, and would die to defend that right, but I still think he's a *edit* moron for saying something like that that.

Quick2k

P.S. another entry on the "must beat the shit out of if you see walking down the street" list. Maybe if he died in a racing accident we could give him a darwin award
Old 02-02-2004, 08:12 PM

Wow, quick, you just did the unthinkable and managed to simultaneously make Spencer look smart, sophisticated, and grammatically correct.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by protokultur
Wow, quick, you just did the unthinkable and managed to simultaneously make Spencer look smart, sophisticated, and grammatically correct.

uh-huh...

Quick2k
Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ehh.. I don't watch NASCAR but I root for Toyota to win whatever there is to win!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I'm even less of a Toyota fan

That said, Spencer's comment was about as relevant as a pointing out that "Georgia used to have slaves" to a bunch of NASCAR fans from Atlanta. It really has nothing to do with them, short of some ancient familial ties.

UL
Old 02-03-2004, 12:26 AM

Nascar isnt racing to me
Old 02-03-2004, 01:04 AM

What an offensive fat pig that Jimmy is. So what if they bombed Pearl Harbor? They are very nice and polite people now. The Germans had murdered over 6 million Jews, but nobody is dissing on German cars based on that fact. Although no German manufactures have joined NASCAR in that regard. If Mercedes was joining NASCAR, I don't think anyone would say such a statement. It's only towards a Japanese company. What a senseless statement from a senseless fat pig!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by PortugueseS2K
Nascar isnt racing to me
And why they started racing pickup trucks on circular, flat asphalt tracks is absolutely beyond comprehension.

But I digress

The Japanese did make an unprovoked attack on our country, right? Yes, it was a long time ago and all the people who were directly responsible are daisy food, but the Japanese did do that, didn't they? My grandfather spent some time in a Japanese prison camp in that war. While in their benevolent care he lost a lot of weight and gained a limp. I don't believe he ever received any monetary reparations or apologies from them. Obviously, since I have owned 2 Japanese cars, I'm not exactly brimming with hostility towards the Japanese. In fact, 2 of my co-workers are Japanese and I like them. But sometimes, when I think about what my grandfather must have gone through at the hands of the Japanese . . . I get a little miffed. I mean it's not like the U.S. had done anything to the Japanese . . . other than being a roadblock in the path of mutual Japanese / German world domination. Perhaps this Mr. Spencer had a relative who met a fate even worse than my grandfather's (I would be willing to bet that this is the case). Maybe it's OK that people who suffered losses or had loved ones get tortured be pissed off at the people who did it. To the best of my recollection, my grandfather never talked to me about his time as a guest of the Japanese, nor do I remember him speaking ill of the Japanese. But if he had gone to his grave hating the Japanese, would that have been wrong?

Now all that being said, I will also allow for the possibility that Mr. Spencer is simply a racist jackass.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:24 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stupid ass ignorant redneck mofo. More proof that NASCAR sucks.

Quick Reply: they bombed pearl harbor.