Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

tell me about pre- '98 nsx.

Old 03-05-2003, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by StrangeDaze
I love the NSX (never driven or even had a ride in one, I'll admit) and would kill to have one in the garage next to my S2000, but I have a quick question with #5 on your list. Are you excluding the e46 m3 engine (333 HP out of 3.2 liters) because it is a straight 6???

Of course, it's hard to compare the two engines. The BMW engine is a few years newer than the one in the NSX. I'd love to see what Honda could do if they were building a new NSX today.
The current M3 is the highest normally aspirated straight 3.2 Litre 6 on planet earth.
The current NSX is the highest normally aspirated V6 3.2 Litre on planet earth.

Two different ways to put a smile on an enthusiast.

Tan
Old 03-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Spammer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meeyatch1
[B]

Evidently you know jack sh*t about this. The insurance is not HIKED when you buy a 1991 NSX, it is REDUCED! The insurance for my NSX is WAY less than my S2000...sorry to disappoint you, but do your homework first before talking out your a$$.

Also, who cares if the car is over a decade old?? How many NSX's do you see driving around?? Not a whole heck of a lot! Plus, that car was ahead of its time when it was introduced, and is not too far off pace now. Sure, there are more powerful cars out now, but the NSX is a great car to consider regardless of year.

Also, yeah, the body is tricky to repair....so is an S2000!! Not to be harsh, but your reasons don't hold water....especially for someone who knows absolutley JACK about actually owning an NSX.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Meeyatch1

Evidently you know jack sh*t about this. The insurance is not HIKED when you buy a 1991 NSX, it is REDUCED! The insurance for my NSX is WAY less than my S2000...sorry to disappoint you, but do your homework first before talking out your a$$.

I have to agree. It cost me $88 a month for full coverage, $500 deductable through State Farm to insure my NSX. In comparison, it cost me $75 a month for the same coverage through State Farm to insure my 6-Speed manual Acura Legend Coupe. Also in comparison, same coverage for a 94 Civic I bought last year (But recently sold) as a daily driver cost me more than the Legend at $79 a month through State Farm. The NSX is hardly expensive to insure and maintenance is just a little higher than my Legend.

I too wanted a 97+ for the 6-Speed trans, but since my early model NSX has the NSX-R gears (JDM short gears and 4.235 ring and pinion) it is extremely satisfying to drive My only major complaint is the crappy BOSE amps.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4IGS2000
[B]Would you calm down!
Old 03-06-2003, 09:18 PM

A lady walks into an acura dealership. She browses around, then spots the perfect car, the NSX, and walks over to inspect it. As she bends to feel the fine leather upholstery, a loud fart escapes her.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has
noticed her little accident and hopes a sales person doesn't pop up
right now.

As she turns back, there standing next to her, is a salesman.

"Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?"

Very uncomfortably she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this
lovely vehicle?"

He answers, "Madame, if you farted just touching it, you are going
to shit when you hear the price."

Tan
Old 03-07-2003, 02:50 AM

Disclaimer: I don't own a NSX- yet. but am working on it.

All the questions/evaluations/issues about the NSX go out the window when u see one in person, every time i see one, i think in my head HOLYFRICKIN'COW- that's a NSX. Doesn't matter what year. at times, it looks better than most 1970+ ferrari's(F40 and 288gto being the exception).

Then, if you are lucky enuff, u get to seat in one, see the large tach/speedo, perfect ergonomics, great road visibility. If you are REALLY lucky, you get to turn the key, and voila, the sound of the engine when u rev it a little sends tingles down your spine(and the amazing thing is- you haven't put it in 1st yet).

Now, everybody is entitled to there opinion, but lets face fact. The Ferrari 348 sucked compared to the NSX, the 355 was dramatically improved to MATCH the nsx. If you look at the 360 specs- length, width, interior, aluminum almost everywhere, you realize, hey it took Ferrari only 10 years to make a copy of the NSX.

To me- its about buying that dream car that u dreamt about when u were younger. I remember laying in my dorm room - dreaming of the day I could afford/own a NSX. If you dreamt about porsches or ferrari's - great. For me, its the NSX, testarossa, or GTO. Testarossa's are out. you can find one for $50k. just remember to change the alternator, water pump with 15k maintenance- total bill $5000. besides, the NSX is faster.

I realize they are not cheap, but a used NSX can be a good deal. They don't lose a lot of value.

my 2 cents.

NSXLuvr
Old 03-07-2003, 06:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MDXLuvr
[B]Then, if you are lucky enuff, u get to seat in one, see the large tach/speedo, perfect ergonomics, great road visibility.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meeyatch1
[B]

That's what I am talking about..if you are ever in Indiana....drop me a line and you can drive my NSX.....you sound like an enthusiast who is informed about the car and it's purpose. Seriously...lemme know.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think in my head HOLYFRICKIN'COW- that's a NSX.
Heh, and I always say to myself, wow he could have had a fast car for that much money...