Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The SUV, finally dead.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:42 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,Jul 2 2008, 04:53 AM

Old 07-02-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pierceman,Jul 1 2008, 04:40 PM
i have 3 kids a dog and a wife, what the hell else am i supposed to put my family in? I refuse to buy a minivan.... and none of the wagons can hold us... so what is worse... taking two cars everytime we want to go somewhere or one car that holds us all when we want to go to the beach... or tow my car to the track and have the family watch????

However I am glad people are driving them LESS for the majority of them that have one child and a mom in there at any given time.. I'll keep my suv as a third car for the family occasions...
+1

SUV aren't for everyone anymore.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:05 AM

I will miss the SUV. I really didnt mind them.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinigami,Jul 2 2008, 03:03 AM
Typical a-hole SUV driver pattern of thought.

Which is why it makes it all the more fun to slow waaaay down and not let the SUV driver pass-by when they're stuck behind me
Don't get bent out of shape. WFO drops in once in a while to brag and talk about how great he is and how everyone else is poo.

I know someone just like him. He has no friends either.

If people are driving these cars less but still need space and utility on occasion I see a great use of cars like the Dodge SPrinter coming into fashion for the working man and family versions. And also, higher sales of small pickups with fewer frills that will be bought for occasional use but sit in the driveway most of the time.

I bet the resale of every used Tacoma just went up a couple grand.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mzk784,Jul 1 2008, 08:04 PM
and starting today in California and Washington, cellphones without hands free kit are baned, so we are gonna get rid of the "soccer mom + very large SUV + cell phone" syndrome very soon guys, cheers!
I honestly wish you the best of luck with your expectation. We have had those laws in NY for a rather long time and nothing has changed. The cops don't enforce it and basically look the other way when they see it happening. NY has had for maybe as long as a decade the law that headlights are to be on when the wipers are on. I see this law violated all the time and not enforced, hell, I even see the cops violating this law.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 2 2008, 11:09 AM
I honestly wish you the best of luck with your expectation. We have had those laws in NY for a rather long time and nothing has changed. The cops don't enforce it and basically look the other way when they see it happening. NY has had for maybe as long as a decade the law that headlights are to be on when the wipers are on. I see this law violated all the time and not enforced, hell, I even see the cops violating this law.
Ditto for Wash DC. I guess the law is better than nothing, but I see tons of people ignoring it.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 2 2008, 11:09 AM
So true, so true.

I am seeing even more people driving with their cell phone attached to their ear more than ever. They are so easy to spot too. I blow by them because I don't want them anywhere near me because they are an accident waiting to happen.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by mzk784,Jul 2 2008, 12:28 AM
This is exactly the attitude of pick up truck drivers, I couldn't describe it better than this.
Not all of us are so narrow minded thank you very much...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by pierceman,Jul 1 2008, 04:40 PM
i have 3 kids a dog and a wife, what the hell else am i supposed to put my family in? I refuse to buy a minivan.... and none of the wagons can hold us... so what is worse... taking two cars everytime we want to go somewhere or one car that holds us all when we want to go to the beach... or tow my car to the track and have the family watch????

However I am glad people are driving them LESS for the majority of them that have one child and a mom in there at any given time.. I'll keep my suv as a third car for the family occasions...
You sold me a minivan and I friggin love it.

If the SUV is dead someone needs to tell the dude with the brand new, BRIGHT yellow Hummer h2 SUT i saw yesterday.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 2 2008, 08:09 AM
Yup, it's a $20 ticket. Hell if I care I hate head sets and will risk the ticket. The hilarious part is it's still perfectly legal to text while driving. If you can't drive while holding a conversation you probably shouldn't be driving. Prioritize your multitasking... it's really easy to tell when most people are driving as their speech pattern is slower and choppier. Not to mention the most distracting thing I've ever done is sneeze... almost rear ended some guy once sneezing.

Quick Reply: The SUV, finally dead.