Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Supra TT or NSX?

Old 02-24-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've never driven either, but the supra seems to be the dyno queen and the nsx the track star.

the nsx sounds better to me, but for that kind of money, i'd also be looking at the GTR and the C6 Z06, because I can't see $40-$50k for a 5-10 year old car with 75k+ miles when i could get a new and much faster car for the same money.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a single turbo MKIV and driven a 94 NSX. The NSX is nice if you like a raw experiance. The Supra will out perform the NSX in just about every category but there is something very special with the NSX. Both are winners, you just have to some how get to drive them both. I miss my Supra but I would love to have an NSX..however I'm sure if I had a NSX in the past, I'd want a Supra.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM

ENNN ESSS EXXXX!

Park an NSX next to a Supra, no way you would pick a Supra in a side by side comparison.

Original goal of NSX was to rival other supercars like Ferrari and Lambo that was easier to drive.

You can get a decent NSX for 25-35K. Drove a friend's 97 with comptech supercharger, oh YEAH! He just sold it, if I could get away with owning two cars here in Korea I would have bought it.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM

I have both.

Looks: NSX looks a bit dated. I think the Supra still looks good.
Performance: NSX is more fun to drive around town. Supra is more fun on the highway. Overall, the NSX is more fun.
Feel: The steering feel of the Supra feels over-assisted. The NSX feels more direct, precise.
Quality: NSX - higher quality materials inside.

I don't know why some people feel that the Supra is only capable as a straight-line highway monster. It's actually a very capable car on the track. I think people really need to drive both cars to make a fair comparison.

A new shortblock for the Supra is about $2500, whereas with the NSX it pushes into the higher thousands range. If you want cheap power with superb handling, you might want to consider a Supra hardtop.

In the end, it really depends what you want from a weekend car. See if you can find someone local to show you theirs.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 PM

NSX IMO it is much better looking
Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 PM
kix

Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 PM

remove the 96 soop from your list - they're autos only

93-95 soop vs 91-94 nsx, both great cars, but I'd take Supra. targa, 6-spd, easy 400 whp, no brainer
Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 AM

Supra.

Too bad so many owners rice the hell outta them or turn them into drag racers. The stock stance of the Supra leaves a lot to be desired, but with the right suspension they look amazing.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 AM

It really depends on what you find...are you planning on modding the car?

I've always been in love with both vehicles, yet i have owned a '93 supra, and i will agree that the car is very fun to drive..especially with the TT. The only downside that i had to owning the supra, was that every HS kid on the road believe that i was 'Brain Spilner' and that I wanted to race their tinted Cavaliers.

Theres a lot thats going to go into buying either one of these, either way, your going to have to pay top dollar. Whether you buy one that is in pristine condition, or one thats not ( your going to have to soak money into fixing it up)

...in considering that, whoever said that parts for the NSX are $$$ was right. Supra parts are faaar more availible and less expensive
Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 AM

NSX is an all aluminum chassis. It will last you forever and the motor actually gains ponies over the 100k mark.

Another vote for the NSX. I've always wanted one myself.

Quick Reply: Supra TT or NSX?