Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Supercar for 27K!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2002, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercar for 27K!!!!!!!

GTR kit is @ 27K...dunno how much vette engines go for but damn, this car will kick serious butt. It will definitely lay waste to the price/performance curve. If I had a garage and some 35k to spend, I would definitely get this bad boy.

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/downloads.htmlhttp://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/downloads.html
Old 07-16-2002, 05:42 PM

As I understand it, figure another $15k for engine and trans (if
you go with new.)

I'm sure it's fast, but it sure ain't pretty.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:11 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by ElTianti

I'm sure it's fast, but it sure ain't pretty.
I've liked the looks of it since I first saw it but I have no taste.

Fast?
"Zero to 60 mph flashes by in 3.3 seconds... and that's quicker than any current production car we've tested."
Larry Webster Car and Driver Magazine (USA) April 2000
Old 07-16-2002, 06:18 PM

Personally i like the way it looks. Specially the rear end.

hehe....im cheap...im going with used

I think that would be a great project....You dont have to buy the entire car at once. Just get the parts you can afford. Of course, im sure there are a lot of unfinished kit cars out there
Old 07-16-2002, 06:22 PM

Another thing, you can buy a different body, it being a kit car and all....(I wouldnt though)
Old 07-16-2002, 07:40 PM

For $27K you still have to build the whole thing and plus you're going to spend a whole lot more on accessories. A roller (still minus engine and trans) is $89K. http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/usa/gtrchassis.html That's with 18" wheels, 335 rubber in the back, AP 4 pots, full FIA-spec cage, CD changer, AC(?!), CF rear wing, leather dash & seats and paint. Way over $20K in options.

I actually saw a white GTR in San Jose (Capitol Expwy) a couple of weeks ago. I was stunned to see one on the street. It was going the opposite direction though and it was sitting at a light so I didn't get to hear it rev up
Old 07-16-2002, 09:28 PM

I dont think its going to take 89k to make a runner...thats for a fully built car with everything.

Takes around a year to build by yourself though (they say it can be done in 3 months)....if you look at the order sheet it seems like you have almost everything you need....Paint comes with body ($6900 - its get-coated whatever that means).

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/usa/prices.html

of course, shipping it here would hurt dearly. I would say a ballsy one (~350hp) will cost < $35k if you build it yourself. Thats not counting the long hours spent (wasted) in the garage. But I guess thats the point of getting a kit car right?

Not bad.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:24 AM

Building it yourself is the whole point behind kit cars, I have built two from scratch and I will do it again as soon as I have more garage space.

As for the ultima, I have seen about 4 of them in person is varies tune settings, they are a steller car, but bang for the buck would be to get the kit a zf and a older 327 block and register as a older out of smog vechile, then you can drop in what ever you want motor wise.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ElTianti
[B]As I understand it, figure another $15k for engine and trans (if
Old 07-17-2002, 11:12 AM

No, it won't cost you nearly the $89K they charge for a roller if you build it yourself, but it's gonna cost alot more than the base $27K + motor&tranny. You're probably looking at nearly another $10K for wheels, tires, seats, gauges, and lighting. I don't see these listed as part of the "Stages." You could probably get by with like $5K though if you went real minimal. Those brake upgrade packages are going to look real attractive compared to the 10"ers that come standard. Another close to $3K. They charge $3K for headers and exhaust too. You can get custom built for less though probably. They do say that shipping is free to your nearest port on your first order though. I would estimate a good $40K all said and done to have a decent set-up. Still not bad for what you're getting.

StormBringer, I noticed you were in California. Have you successfully registered a kit car in CA? I'm looking into a Lotus-clone and haven't been able to find much info on what all needs to be done in order to get registered for the street here. If you could PM me any tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Supercar for 27K!!!!!!!