Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Steve C Chat

Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RC 94
Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1320418538' post='21128659
[quote name='RC 94' timestamp='1320372119' post='21127403']
I miss ZX-10. He gave me lots of laughs.
Mirrors will do that.

(That was good)

@DT, that was st4rk. He was just a troll, but a pretty damn good one.
[/quote]

ok, st4rk was f@#king annoying...so obviously a great troll.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Wow, blast from the past reading some of these names...
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Wow, blast from the past reading some of these names...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, one thing I've learned here is that RX-7's are reliable if you mod the crap out of them to fix all the factory problems. That ain't worth nothing, I hope

I will say that Steve C would temper his comments if one could support a position. Generally the positions he opposed were not supportable so that rarely happened On the other hand, this board is remarkably civil compared to some other boards I've frequented. The things that both xViper and Steve C got banned for are aberrations, not reflections of their contribution. Both guys seemed to get bitter "towards the end" But I'm sure their lives went on just fine. Probably better if they were feeling any pain from this board.

It is interesting how the board changes over time. This place is no longer about "power vs. weight" or "hp per liter," and more about dare I say, sports car pecking order as a fluid arena. Arguments about whether DSG is pointless because I'd rather shift or a God-send because it makes magazine times faster than they would be with traditional stick-shifts in the hands of the total hack wannabe's who write for today's auto rags. Regardless of brand or specific car. Controversy over specifics about suspension tunings and how they affect steady-state cornering in a 240 vs. a turbo Miata

Without Steve C we won't know how his old Integra he used to have would have fared against the 240 and turbo Miata. We know his Integra was faster than his S2000 around the same track, and it has never come up how is Carerra 4 Turbo fares on that track because that's his car for driving with the kid. It's got a back seat which makes it practical. (I agree 100% with that.) And the guy was living in Colorado, so an AWD Porsche is simply a practical decision. And if you could afford the turbo, why wouldn't you buy it?

It's funny how much you think you know about a person reading their posts over years. You could probably find either of them if you put your mind to it, but there's probably a hundred people out there who loosely fit the facts. Or just one of each, who knows?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM

old school
Old 11-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Hey, one thing I've learned here is that RX-7's are reliable if you mod the crap out of them to fix all the factory problems. That ain't worth nothing, I hope

I will say that Steve C would temper his comments if one could support a position. Generally the positions he opposed were not supportable so that rarely happened On the other hand, this board is remarkably civil compared to some other boards I've frequented. The things that both xViper and Steve C got banned for are aberrations, not reflections of their contribution. Both guys seemed to get bitter "towards the end" But I'm sure their lives went on just fine. Probably better if they were feeling any pain from this board.

It is interesting how the board changes over time. This place is no longer about "power vs. weight" or "hp per liter," and more about dare I say, sports car pecking order as a fluid arena. Arguments about whether DSG is pointless because I'd rather shift or a God-send because it makes magazine times faster than they would be with traditional stick-shifts in the hands of the total hack wannabe's who write for today's auto rags. Regardless of brand or specific car. Controversy over specifics about suspension tunings and how they affect steady-state cornering in a 240 vs. a turbo Miata

Without Steve C we won't know how his old Integra he used to have would have fared against the 240 and turbo Miata. We know his Integra was faster than his S2000 around the same track, and it has never come up how is Carerra 4 Turbo fares on that track because that's his car for driving with the kid. It's got a back seat which makes it practical. (I agree 100% with that.) And the guy was living in Colorado, so an AWD Porsche is simply a practical decision. And if you could afford the turbo, why wouldn't you buy it?

It's funny how much you think you know about a person reading their posts over years. You could probably find either of them if you put your mind to it, but there's probably a hundred people out there who loosely fit the facts. Or just one of each, who knows?
What was your prior nickname? Your current one started in 2009 and Steve C was long gone before then...
Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonBoy
What was your prior nickname? Your current one started in 2009 and Steve C was long gone before then...
Nice catch
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 AM

This thread brings back some great memories!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1320473027' post='21130970

I thought the exact same thing. I honestly thought that Nunco was ZX-10 for a while but Nunco likes Mustangs and doesn't swing on the RX-7's nuts, so it's either not the same guy or the best troll ever.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

And I guess in all fairness I should mention that Nunco is actually a pretty smart guy who clearly knows more than ZX-10 did about vehicle dynamics, and, well, everything else for that matter. I don't have a problem with Nunco when he's not deliberately trying to be a douche bag.

Quick Reply: Steve C Chat