Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Son wants to upgrade car

Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disgustipated
Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1374883102' post='22689744
1. School is starting up and I won't have the luxury of addressing some of the rude comments (reminds me of the teens at school so much that it is hilarious).
2. I will post up when/if he buys; maybe he'll get a new girlfriend and buy what she likes, ha!
1. Everyone is probably young enough compared to you that you can repeatedly try to insinuate that they're immature, o ancient one.
2. He already has what a girl drives: a Scion TC, ha!
A. If it walks like a duck and talk likes a duck, it's probably a duck.
B. As for #2, good insult, very mature.
C. As for #3, used a in name or title it's: O Ancient One! A , would have been a nice touch.
D. You do realize, this is more entertaining than watching TV to me; my wife wonders why I bother to respond, and why don't I just ignore the mean-spirited comments: priceless.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM

1. IIIIIIII'mmmmmmm back!
2. Busy with school starting up, and nothing to say since my son is simply waiting for the right "profile" to appear, which could be up to two years in my experience.
4. But, I found a yellow, 04 with a good profile here on this site this am, the only time at school I've checked the site since before school started for me at the end of July.
5. If everything goes accordingly, Daniel will fly down to Raleigh, SC, and pick up the car.
6. The mileage was higher than I would have liked (74k) for the money ($16k). I would have rather he bought the 05 with 40k miles for $18k that I found this summer, or others with low mileage and a higher price, but, who listens to Dad?
7. But, the owner seems like he has cared for this car like I would have, and that is worth a premium. I'll let you know if everything goes smoothly, or we run into a snag.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:09 PM

1. By Friday noon, my son and I should be fighting over who gets to drive through the W VA mountains on the way home.
2. After I write my essay on the trip, there is still the stories of his maintenance.
3. Actually, I'll just have to buy double of all fluids when I buy for myself. Don't worry, he'll pay every dime, including tax.
4. We have to get up at 3 a.m. to make the flight!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM

1. For all those "haters" out there who criticized everything about this loooong process since Daniel will not be rushed into a decision: it's done.
2. Now you can criticize b/c he just drives back and forth to work, period; although, he had a friend who used the SC word, now that would be a process to get him to go down that road.
3. He would have bought a 350/370Z early on, we both thought it, or the GTI VW.
4. I especially thought at the very earliest that the WRX was the car, big time (he has a friend who has the WRX STI), but, since he took time to process, he slowly ended up getting it down to the S.
5. then when he was going one Sunday to buy an 03 locally, he found out that an AP1 was not acceptable, had to be an AP2, then he wanted to hold out for a yellow one (originally though he wanted black).
6. Imagine the time to get a wife, somehow I thing that might be more motivating, than "just a car."
7. From the time he found out about the car on Tuesday, by that evening he had bought plane tickets, after I had talked to the owner, and found out that the car had the right "profile,", except that he was only 1 yr. older than my son, but in this case, it wasn't a liability; he was just as detailed for maintenance that what I was, and even more in a couple of areas, like he had done the straps on the softtop, and I haven't, b/c I just manually give a boost to the brackets as they are retracting. I think I beat him in changing out the radiator fluid, b/c I did mine early on and he was following the manual on maintenance.
8. After flying down to NC, and driving back 700 miles, it was a 2:30 Friday am to 12:30 Saturday am trip w/o sleep, and 1 speeding ticket.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:12 PM

1. My son made a comment when he came over for grilled steaks this evening, since the grandkids were here from Nashville.
2. He said that just from driving over to his apartment (40 minutes away), and running a couple of errands with the 11 yr. old granddaughter, that he is thrilled with being back into a small convertible (had my Vtec del sol for 3 yrs.) again, it makes driving such a pleasure.
3. I told him I would tell all the guys online, they would appreciate the statement of love and affection for the S and driving it.
4. It certainly has been a journey, and after we get this Vtec/clutch question (on another thread called the same), settled, it will enhance his enjoyment even more.
5. And, he mentioned he would definitely sell the tc, which I have been trying to get him to keep it as an alternative when he needs it, whether it be a 6-8 inch snow storm, or having 2 other people to take skiing, there will be times a 2 seater won't work.
6. I have tried to tell him it is like a MC, you can't own just the S for transport, got to have a back up.
7. Many of you would agree, some not, as you can see, my "dominance" of him only suits when he needs info.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:13 PM

1. He is so tickled; he made a comment on how lame mine looked now compared to a real color on an S.
2. It's so fun to see him get the thrills that I had 3.5 yrs. ago; he never really drove mine until last April when we were out shopping for cars, and he realized, that compared to what he was driving, mine was really fun.
3. He, like me likes small 'verts.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a perfect example of why old people (or at least the clueless ones) shouldn't have Facebook/Twitter etc.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Lol exactly.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo had three best car in the snow awesome when its dry let me see a sti keep up