Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Son wants to upgrade car

Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
i find the lack of non-doddg comments on this page to be hilarious

I feel like we have front-row seat into someone's slip into madness. This guy is clearly not well in the head.

Remember the movie Seven where the serial killer had all of those notebooks filled with insane ramblings? Yeah, kind of like that.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Would be pissed if I was any of those people you basically used to find out which car to buy. You test drove 15ish cars(I forget how many you said) and you have to realize you wasted all of those sellers time just to go test drive to not buy it for one little reason. There is no car that has everything he wants for his budget, he has to accept one car doesn't have enough torque or is slightly too large or small or w.e the hell he's complaining about. I hope to never have kids and if I do have one this stubborn I would have stopped helping him a long time ago, especially since he's way to old to be getting this much help to buy a car.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Oooookay. You know, I think the person who said there really isn't much else to add here was right. Maybe it's time for someone to close the thread or something? I just don't see it having much potential for constructive input at this point. But perhaps I am short-sighted.

Just a thought.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Oooookay. You know, I think the person who said there really isn't much else to add here was right. Maybe it's time for someone to close the thread or something? I just don't see it having much potential for constructive input at this point. But perhaps I am short-sighted.

Just a thought.
NOOOOO!!!!

We've sat through it for so long, can we at least find out how it ends? If you lock it down now, that's like the movie projector breaking down for the last 10 minutes of a four-hour movie.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8
NOOOOO!!!!

We've sat through it for so long, can we at least find out how it ends? If you lock it down now, that's like the movie projector breaking down for the last 10 minutes of a four-hour movie.
LOL! Well, I'm not a moderator in this area of the forum so it's not up to me. I was just suggesting that I personally don't think there is much constructive info that can be added at this point so maybe it's time to give it a rest. It's just my personal opinion. That's all.

I too am curious what vehicle he lands on after all of this discussion and whatnot. I'm hoping everyone can sit tight, not say much else that is negative, and wait for the outcome.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Obvious upgrade car is the Chevy Cobalt SS.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:53 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
I Would be pissed if I was any of those people you basically used to find out which car to buy. You test drove 15ish cars(I forget how many you said) and you have to realize you wasted all of those sellers time just to go test drive to not buy it for one little reason. There is no car that has everything he wants for his budget, he has to accept one car doesn't have enough torque or is slightly too large or small or w.e the hell he's complaining about. I hope to never have kids and if I do have one this stubborn I would have stopped helping him a long time ago, especially since he's way to old to be getting this much help to buy a car.
1.??? Except for dealers, my son drove an 06 slightly modified 350Z, and a 'vert 06, stock; this was 3 months ago, or more, and this was when it looked like he was going to buy a Z.
2. Last Sunday, he drove an 03 he wanted to buy from a private seller, but realized the difference between the AP2, like I have, and the 03, AP1, was a deal-breaker.
3. I wouldn't even call a private seller to talk them unless my son was going to buy it, if it checked out as advertised. I have wasted hours talking to people on the phone and they weren't ready to buy in selling my own vehicles.
4. Your right, no car has everything he wants; that's why he decided to go with the S; it has the most "checks."
5. I promise not to have anymore children, and apologize for the hardships this one has caused you by making you read this thread.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1374869621' post='22689389

Just a thought.
NOOOOO!!!!

1. Why would you cause yourself such grief: go away!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:58 PM

1. School is starting up and I won't have the luxury of addressing some of the rude comments (reminds me of the teens at school so much that it is hilarious).
2. I will post up when/if he buys; maybe he'll get a new girlfriend and buy what she likes, ha!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doddg
1. School is starting up and I won't have the luxury of addressing some of the rude comments (reminds me of the teens at school so much that it is hilarious).
2. I will post up when/if he buys; maybe he'll get a new girlfriend and buy what she likes, ha!
1. Everyone is probably young enough compared to you that you can repeatedly try to insinuate that they're immature, o ancient one.
2. He already has what a girl drives: a Scion TC, ha!

Quick Reply: Son wants to upgrade car