Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

So tomorrow the Veyron destroyer is unveiled

Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, that car looks like a backyard special with a Chevy in it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eyescream,Jul 20 2006, 10:19 AM
it's ugly and i've never heard of Barabus...
They have no connection to the Mercedes-Benz tuner Brabus? I assumed they did...
Old 07-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The pics of the car above is VERY Zonda-ish in the rear. I don't know where you got Saleen from.. . I have yet to see photos but I doubt that that is the real deal... those pics of that car were out long before the unveiling today.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by eyescream,Jul 20 2006, 09:19 AM
it's ugly and i've never heard of Barabus...
Pilate released him instead of Jesus.

Yes, I know that's not how they spelled it but I can't help but wonder how they came up with that name.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Former Moderator

I'll stick with the Veyron

Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Jul 20 2006, 08:50 AM
Pilate released him instead of Jesus.
The Jonster with a quick one.

I thought the name was Brabus too...I did a double-take when I re-read the name. I don't recognize it either. And for sure, if it took them 10 years to get something like that out the door, when the McLaren F1 team did it in like 1/5th of that time, one of three things is happening:

A) It takes a really long time to assemble a crack team of engineers to work on the project
B) Money was available in very short spurts for the project, and their financial siutation is still not entirely consistent and/or secure
c) One guy, or a very small team, is doing this all on their own without the help of major suppliers.

My guess is B. Either way, I can only see this car, even if it does what they claim it will do, only being a tiny footnote in automotive history. It doesn't look the part, it's not distinctive enough, and will it be able to sustain speeds greater than the Veyron can achieve? And lastly, how many people can buy one?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

I just love it when people are jumping to conclusions.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I have to say to those that spent 10 years of research.

I'll save money for the next 20 life times and get the Veyron.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Jul 20 2006, 08:32 AM
The pics of the car above is VERY Zonda-ish in the rear. I don't know where you got Saleen from.. . I have yet to see photos but I doubt that that is the real deal... those pics of that car were out long before the unveiling today.
He was saying the front looks like its from Saleen, which I gotta agree. I think the ripped the side profile from the S7 as well.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,Jul 20 2006, 05:32 PM
The Jonster with a quick one.

I thought the name was Brabus too...I did a double-take when I re-read the name. I don't recognize it either. And for sure, if it took them 10 years to get something like that out the door, when the McLaren F1 team did it in like 1/5th of that time, one of three things is happening:

A) It takes a really long time to assemble a crack team of engineers to work on the project
B) Money was available in very short spurts for the project, and their financial siutation is still not entirely consistent and/or secure
c) One guy, or a very small team, is doing this all on their own without the help of major suppliers.

My guess is B. Either way, I can only see this car, even if it does what they claim it will do, only being a tiny footnote in automotive history. It doesn't look the part, it's not distinctive enough, and will it be able to sustain speeds greater than the Veyron can achieve? And lastly, how many people can buy one?
Better yet it has taken the Caparo team 6 weeks to go from CAD to a rolling prototype and a bespoke motor on the dyno. Not to mention that their car is going to redefine what a supercar is, rather than merely attempting to pass the current "benchmark," if you can call the Veryon that....

www.caparo-t1.com

*Edit: formerly know as the Freestream

Quick Reply: So tomorrow the Veyron destroyer is unveiled