Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

So... The sky isn't THAT bad.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So... The sky isn't THAT bad.

So dad traded in the Allroad. Didn't get what we had hoped for it. $2,000 was the final offer.

So, it does feel pretty nice to drive, although it's on a spare, the dealer ordered the OEM wheel for us and reduced the price from the final price. The transmission when coasting does some REALLY, REALLY jerky downshifts. Imagine letting the clutch out with no rev matching. Dad says it's because of the spare, though I kind of doubt it since it seems to be common on sky forums. It does feel roomy, I imagine that the S2000 is much smaller interior wise.

The engine sounds pretty nice, but the thing that I noticed the most was how flat it cornered compared to the Allroad. I do believe that this car has the competition package with the bilstein shocks. They're yellow, so I guess lol.

It does look really sharp though, I like the way it looks... This car is preparing me for an S2000 lol...

Gripes with it... Auto, hard to see behind me(expected) wind deflector hazes my rear view.

Funny on the way home, dad mentioned the top, he said he's glad it's not electric, or else it would be breaking all the time. I mentioned the S2000.
He said it was better also, I mentioned the S2000. Jokingly mentioning the S2000 here and there he turns and say he'd make me walk home if I mentioned it again lol.

Speaking of S2000s...

I really do like this car though. It feels faster than it actually is, doesn't feel like I'd be under the speed limit when I actually was. Still feels really weird to me. Going to miss the Allroad though...
Old 04-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soo.....? did you end up buying the sky instead of your m3?
Old 04-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Soo.....? did you end up buying the sky instead of your m3?
Well. I went to try to convince him. But he said we were going to look at a car. I just never ended up bringing the m3 up.

Its only for another year with this car lol.

I can't really complain though. It was dads choice to begin with.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Not to bad! Black looks sharp, how many miles on that bad boy and what year?
Old 04-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Automatic transmission?

How much did it cost?
Old 04-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Congrats on the new car! Not to bad! Black looks sharp, how many miles on that bad boy and what year?
It's technically a dark blue It's an 07 And lots of miles. 116k. But for the amount of miles, it really doesn't show on the body. Some dings sure, but the bumper isn't too trashed. Some scrapes. Some chips. I actually wasn't used to how low it was and scraped pretty bad today....
Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Automatic transmission?

How much did it cost?
Sadly, it's an auto. I can get passed that kind of.
It was $7,900. But with the transmission issue and missing front wheel which they ordered for us, we managed to bring it down by $1,000.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How long ago did you own a s2000?
Old 04-05-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by woodburn
How long ago did you own a s2000?
Never!

Yet that is...
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Those kappa cars aren't all that bad, I actually like them, but I hate the top design on them. Gotta get in to unclip the top, then get out to fold the two buttresses and then all the trunk space is gone. Conversely, a miata you just unlatch one thing and throw it behind you, done, no lost trunk space. That top design is THE best, period.
Anyway, one of my unicorns is a 2009 solstice coupe gxp, but those friggin things have appreciated beyond reason so that's out. The sky interior is better than the solstice, but I prefer the solstice looks overall. I prefer the driving character of the s2000, the shifter in the kappas are blah and the engine feels bigger in both a good and bad way, and the handling isn't as immediate, but if I were looking to build a budget rocket, the kappas make a great argument since it has factory boost and wheel wells that can stuff big tires. Only thing I don't like about the lnf motors is the DI since they do get the dreaded carbon build up.
Cool cars, a buddy of mine got a well sorted sky a few years back with very low miles for like 13k, and they're still depreciating, 13k will barely get you a decent ap1 these days. Had it not been for the DI issue, I'd probably have a solstice gxp in my garage while considering a coupe conversion.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

You bought a car with a 117k miles with a jerky automatic transmission?

Seriously?

I mean good luck, but...sheesh.

Quick Reply: So... The sky isn't THAT bad.